THE ROLE: Senior Tax Manager
Were looking for
a tax generalist to join our growing accounting team. Reporting directly to the VP Controller, you will be our internal expert on all things tax, including fillings, compliance, data requests & more. You will play an integral role in building new strategy around our process & procedures & work cross-functionally with several teams across the organization.
What Youll Do:
- Facilitate & manage the review of sales & use tax filings, as well as business & property tax filings
- Be our expert on sales tax compliance, including managing sales tax notices & administering state sales tax audits
- Facilitate & manage the preparation, review & data requests of federal, state, & local tax return filings including estimated tax payments & extensions with external tax advisors
- Prepare annual & quarterly tax provisions & memos prepared in accordance with ASC 740
- Manage external advisors in the preparation & filing of VAT tax requirements
- Manage unclaimed property reporting, federal wage credits, other state, & local credits
- Own the company's transfer pricing structure
- Monitor & analyze tax regulatory & compliance developments, accounting pronouncements, & tax law changes & determine the implications for the Company
- Provide tax forecasts (expense & cash impact) to the FP&A team for budgeting & forecasting purposes
- Partner with Internal Audit to ensure the tax function maintains strong internal controls
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness & innovation. Were committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow & bring their full self to work. Even if you don't check off every qualification in the job description, that's okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you & sparks delight! We can't wait to learn more about you.
- Deep experience in general corporate income tax & accounting, preferably in retail/ecommerce
- Experience managing & administering state sales tax audits
- Knowledge of GAAP financial accounting including ASC 740
- Experience with taxation softwares such as Avalara
- Ability to review & analyze data & effectively present & communicate analysis
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. Weve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium & luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites Rue La La, Gilt, & Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion & technology, were also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, & ourselves to push past the expected every day. Our culture is rooted in our values & together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious & Empowered.