The Labs team is seeking a Senior Software Engineer who enjoys taking ownership of product initiatives & carrying them from concept to production.
Squarespace Labs is a cross-functional organization aimed at exploring new ideas by releasing experimental features across current & future product lines. We're an empowered team that does product discovery for longer-term opportunities, leverages new technology, & embraces external trends. Labs will be a small & nimble team consisting of a lead for Product, Design, & Engineering (thats you!) that are able to take projects from the idea stage through final delivery.
Partner up with Labs to explore strange new tech, to seek out new customers, & to boldly go where no tech company has gone before
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Take a lead role with the product manager, design lead, & potentially other engineers
- Perform a combination of design, rapid prototyping & development for products & features, integrated into the Squarespace interface
- Prototype & iterate on existing features & products.
- Develop features & create fulfilling user experiences
- Alone, or in collaboration with other teams, implement production features based on approved prototypes.
- Write both client side (frontend) & server-side (backend) code
- Participate in brainstorms, bringing a solutions-oriented mindset
- Participate in the definition of success criteria for new/improved features.
- Present ideas & prototypes to leadership & other teams
- Assist in identifying potential supporting members to join the Labs initiative
- A sincere commitment to creating readable, reliable, & well tested code
- Have full knowledge of the DOM, new HTML5 constructs, & CSS3
- Have experience with Single Page Application development
- Keep up-to-date with the newest technologies
- Have an eye for detailed design & can execute against a variety of aesthetics & styles
- Development experience in Java, C++, C#, Python, Go or another Object-oriented language.
- Experience developing large-scale software
- Experience with web application development & best practices
- Previous experience releasing & managing public projects
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with design tools a plus (After Effects, Cinema 4D, Sketch, etc.)
- 5+ years of relevant experience
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.