A Better company
Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were building a better way to get home & our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, were making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, weve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees & days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank & others have invested over $85MM in Better & our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
The Real Estate Team at Better is responsible for identifying ways to simplify the home buying journey by creating seamless real estate agent interaction & providing customer support for home discovery. We are a new team with Better & are looking for entrepreneurs with strong operational capabilities, business acumen & a get stuff done mentality.
As part of the team, youll be on the front lines as the first point of contact for potential borrowers. Your role is to provide the framework for Betters customer-centric approach throughout the home buying process & build strong relationships with our clients. This position allows you the opportunity to build on your communication & relationship building skills while working directly with our customers & cross-functionally within the different departments of the Real Estate Team.
Your work will expose you to other critical pieces of a technology company, such as product, engineering, & marketing, giving you many opportunities to share customer insights & ultimately improve Better's core technology & message.
Responsibilities will include:
- Engaging with directly with prospective leads
- Working with Loan Consultant Associates to build a pipeline of customers
- Building relationships with real estate agents across the country
- Guiding pre-approved borrowers through their home buying process
- Providing the best customer experience possible. We do not take a sales approach
- Maximizing conversion of the leads provided to you
- Desire to help each consumer with the most important financial transaction of their life
- Ability to think critically & problem solve complex scenarios
- High degree of integrity & work ethic
- Bachelors degree or currently enrolled in a Bachelors program
- Desire to crush it
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.