HuffPost UK is seeking an experienced & energetic Deputy Audience Editor to help grow our reach, loyalty & engagement in line with growth targets.
Were looking for a digital journalist to work at the heart of our newsroom to help make decisions on distribution, commissioning & curation to ensure our stories are read at scale.
Youll have a firm grasp of audience data, search engine optimisation & social programming. Experience with newsletters, homepage editing & push notifications is a plus.
The editor will be fast & precise in breaking news events, while also staying organised as they manage long-term projects.
This is a critical role with relationships across the entire UK edition, so its essential you have strong written & verbal communication skills & enjoy collaborating with other editors & writers.
You should be able to talk about audience data with confidence & make decisions that are informed jointly by data & your editorial experience.
- Write & edit headlines, using analytics tools to make insights-driven decisions to ensure the right content goes to the right audience & platforms
- Use the most visually arresting images to increase engagement across all our content, including exclusives
- Manage social media accounts to grow audiences on & off site, & look for opportunities to develop our social strategy on both established & new platforms
- Nurture HuffPost UKs relationship with third-party platforms (Apple News, Upday, Flipboard, etc) including day-to-day communication to make them aware of our priority articles to ensure we are first to deliver stories to them
- Use analytics tools to improve understanding of what does well on each platform, then use this knowledge to communicate best practice across the newsroom & maximise the impact of our journalism
- You will edit the front page of the HuffPost UK website & news app, to best curate our journalism & maximise impact & audience, including our weekend content, special projects & for big events, e.g. the Oscars, elections
- Significant experience working in a fast-paced digital newsroom
- A sophisticated understanding of how to use data to inform journalism
- Great communication skills (and a sense of humour wouldnt hurt)
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.