Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You'rean Individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Japan Strategy & Planning team is responsible for shaping & driving Visa Japan's strategy development & coordination, strategic projects & planning, market research & strategic intelligence.
As a Strategy & Planning Associate, you will be part of a lean team that helps define & drive strategic, operational & organizational improvements across Visa Japan. This is a rare opportunity that provides exposure to a variety of different work ranging from leading cross functional projects to managing technology resources to multi-year planning. You will partner closely with stakeholders from across the company including Product, Finance, Sales, etc. The successful candidate is highly motivated, highly analytical, works well with others, & ready to take on any challenge at any moment.
Specific projects will vary greatly in sponsor, business or strategic focus, depth, & stakeholder served, ranging from broad coordination efforts across functional areas to focused assignments that are of particular high strategic importance to Visa Japan.
The position requires the ability to apply strong analytical & critical thinking skills to solve business problems, & quickly arrive at recommendations that drive corporate priorities.
- Lead or support work streams on projects related to key strategies & clients
- Support annual strategic planning process & development of long-range revenue growth plan
- Analyze VisaNet data, market reports & benchmarks to identify performance gaps & improvement opportunities.
- Create & maintain data presentations & dashboards to support data driven decision making: monthly dashboards & scorecard, initiative pipeline, strategic initiative evaluation, quarterly client dashboards, etc.
- Identify implications of data & analysis with the team, articulate recommendations, put action plans in place & drive progress
Qualifications - Basic
- Bachelor Degree preferably in business management, in finance, economics, financial engineering, statistics, or econometrics or a related field
- Excel proficiency with practical experience of using Excel for building & maintaining financial models
- Strong presentation building skills with mastery of relevant tools like PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.
- Strong sense of commitment & accountability, possess a business focus mindset, self-motivated to deliver work of the highest standard
- Demonstrated ability to work in a time sensitive environment
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
Qualifications - Preferred
- Japanese & English language proficiency in formal business communication (verbal & written)
- 1-3 years' total experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity or corporate strategy
- Experience in and/or significant exposure to the payments industry preferred.
- Strong project management & planning skills with ability to progress multiple priorities concurrently