At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world & beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the expanding online recipe kit delivery market. So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes & lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged, energized home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses & are active & growing in 10+ different countries across 3 continents. Our growth trajectory & expansion has been phenomenal & we have launched facilities across Canada & have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
About the Role:
We are looking for an analytical problem-solver with a hands-on, whatever-it-takes mindset to help build & manage our supply network. Responsibility will be given to you from day one, & you will be expected to use your initiative & creativity to help us grow our business across Canada. You are a roll-up-your-sleeves operator who thrives in detail, organization, & analysis, obsesses over delivering measurable results, & has a passion for food.
Please note that the working schedule for this role may include weekend work, & will be five days on, two days off.
- Drive our weekly procurement operations, ensuring the on-time/in-full/in-quality delivery of ingredients
- Forecast demand requirements, manage inventory, & track consumption of incoming material
- Manage our weekly spend to ensure we stay within budget, be responsible for weekly cost reporting, & hold our suppliers accountable to any credits owed
- Tell stories with data: draw actionable insights that inform supplier negotiations & performance evaluations
- Research, identify, & develop relationships with new produce suppliers that meet criteria on price, quantity, quality & timeliness
- Support the Category Manager & Sr. Director, Procurement on a variety of strategic initiatives to help build a best-in-class supply chain
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in business, engineering, or other relevant major.
- ~ 2-3 years of high-performance work experience in a startup, supply chain, or operations
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills
- A passion for food!
- Data-driven with a strong analytical toolkit; you're an Excel wiz
- Highly organized & detail-oriented: you have well-honed strategies for never missing a deadline or overlooking a key detail, & are comfortable juggling multiple priorities at once
- Entrepreneurial with a get the job done mindset: you do whatever it takes to get the job done & enjoy being in the trenches
- Cool as a cucumber: youre comfortable working under tight, immovable deadlines & making key decisions under pressure
- Proactive, ambitious, & assertive: you take ownership of your work & should think beyond the scope of a given assignment
- Naturally curious: you're innovative, extremely creative & constantly looking for ways to improve upon things
Why you'll love this job:
- Youll have the chance to push your ideas from inception to execution without being held back by bureaucracy
- Were a start-up within a start-up. Were nimble but we have the institutional knowledge & the global resources
- Competitive salary & company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh boxes
- Working with a fun, energetic & supportive team
- Awesome environment at our downtown Toronto office! We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building & nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills & experience, & strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, & People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender & sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer & is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.