WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, & web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, & Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands & consumers in a more authentic & human way. And we do it at scale each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 & the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Magazines Best Places to Work (2019 & 2020), & Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 & 2020).
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As the Instructional Designer for Global SMB, you'll write & produce e-learning for our SMB (small & midsize businesses) business unit in order to help them onboard faster & get more value out of Braze throughout their time as a customer.
Youll work with a team of learning & creative professionals to build effective, visually engaging courses & learning aids. The ability to organize information & communicate ideas with designers & video producers is key.
Your content will help ensure the success of some of our fastest-moving & most agile customers. Our SMB segment includes many high-growth Series A & Series B companies that use Braze to build their businesses. Your content will help them learn the building blocks of our platform & develop next-gen marketing strategy. Working as part of the Customer Education team, you'll be exposed to creative projects across our training ecosystem, including documentation, e-learning, instructor-led training, & certifications.
- Partnering with our content research team & subject matter experts across Braze to develop an industry-leading learning experience for our SMB customer segment
- Creating learning modules that accelerate customer time to value by making new customer onboarding easier
- Developing educational content on marketing strategy, product training, tech partners, & more
- Using data to understand what drives SMB customer outcomes & create experiments to improve key metrics
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 7+ years experience with developing effective software training content
- You are an expert project manager with strong communication & interpersonal skills
- You pay meticulous attention to detail when creating & proof-reading content
- You take feedback well & give it constructively
- Instructional design
- Creating effective learning experiences/programs is the primary competency
- +4 years experience working as an instructional designer or a degree in instructional design
- Marketing knowledge is a plus!
- Abilities required:
- Distilling large quantities of information into effective learning materials
- Applying tested instructional design theories, practice, & methods
- Simplifying complex concepts
- Learner experience design
- Can't be afraid of InDesign!
- Experience with anything in the Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience with Skilljar
- Familiarity with marketing & the martech landscape
- Coming from a SaaS background
- Bring samples of previous work
- Be prepared for a take-home writing project
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office, including snacks & beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision coverage for you & your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, & fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information & how you can exercise your rights.