Company Description|Job Description
Nexthink is a dream software company founded in 2004 & headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland. With offices in France, UK, Germany, Spain, UAE, Saudi Arabia & the US, we are proudly represented by 250 Nexthinkers, more than 25 nationalities & 800+ happy clients from the Fortune 5000.
Nexthink is a leader in end-user experience management. By combining real-time endpoint analytics & end-user feedback Nexthink's mission is to help IT improve business impact. Nexthink's unique analytics & visualizations provide new insight & enable IT to adopt proactive operations, reduce costs & ultimately enhance end-user business productivity.
Thanks to our fantastic growth we are looking for new rock stars!
As part of the Product department at Nexthink, you will work closely with the both the R&D & the IT Teams to help them to deliver the best product ever in the shortest possible time using the latest technologies.
Due to the fast growth of the company, you will exercise flexibility in evaluating the pertinence & suitability of current & past solutions as our challenges evolve & transform rapidly.
You will also be expected to take into account information security implications in every task you do & every system you design.
As our future colleague, you will be an integral part of the decision-making process, your ideas will be welcomed & will be supported in the day-to-day challenges you may face. We are very interested hearing about your experiences & sharing ours in order to learn together & make the team grow.
- Work directly with R&D Teams in a daily basis, help them deliver the product in providing the necessary tools, integrate with cloud platforms as well as helping them manage their build system (CI/CD pipelines)
- Responsible for provisioning & supporting engineering application/environment; focusing on faster provisioning, reliability & consistency
- Utilize & develop upon build automation tools that will enhance the scalability of the product & help to ensure consistency & stability
- Be a key driver in our quest for Continuous Delivery, suggest best practices & potential improvements to our DevOps procedures & toolbox
- Apply cloud (AWS, Azure) computing skills to deploy software upgrades & fixes
- You will support mainly the software engineer on topics of diverse technical complexity & also interact directly with the IT
- Stay up to date with the DevOps best practices, tools & market trends. Evaluate & recommend innovative solutions to be applied in the company
- Write user documentation on tools & services
- Handle the operations of the internal systems supporting R&D organization: maintain the systems up to date
- Integrate information security aspects in everything you do. Security is essential to our operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or 5+ years relevant work experience
- Speak professional-level English. French is a plus
- Very good communication skills & team work
- Very good problem-solving skills, open-mind towards suggestions, can do attitude & agile spirit
- Very good knowledge in Automated Build Systems (e.g., Jenkins, CMake, Gradle, Maven, MSBuild)
- Everything as code: infrastructure (e.g., Packer, Vagrant, Terraform) & configuration management (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible) - scripting is a second nature
- You exhibit expertise in software development methodologies
- You have working knowledge of known tools like Git & GitHub, & of a scripting language, e.g. bash, python
- You have experience in network, server, & application-status monitoring
- Very good experience in container ecosystem (e.g., Docker, LXC, Kubernetes)
- Experience in a Cloud Platform, Azure preferred, AWS is also good
- Knowledge in monitoring systems (e.g., ELK, Prometheus, Kibana)
- Good knowledge in Linux especially Debian & CentOS
- Strong motivation/curiosity to learn new things & discover new technologies,
- Be able to work autonomously & as part of a team
We are only as good as our people. That's why we are looking for exceptional individuals, who can bring their skills & passion to the team & who strive to create excellence.
Please submit your CV in English.