Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. A few years later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 75+ in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
As a product designer on the Enterprise team, you'll be a part of the core team building the new plank of our business & growing product suite. From brainstorming entirely new features to designing usable flows & beautiful interfaces, you'll exercise your full range of product, interaction, & visual design skills on a daily basis. You'll enjoy a high level of autonomy as the design leader within your team. You'll partner with engineering, business development, & data science to build & iterate on various problems for our users. We're looking for someone who sweats the details & is ready to tackle any design challenge that comes up between concepting & launching a product. Your work will empower millions of people worldwide to learn how to code & create something. Together, we can redesign education & create the best online learning experience.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Collaborate with product, engineering, business development, curriculum, data science, & marketing to develop our enterprise product offering, understand its impact, & continue to elevate the learning experience at Codecademy
- Identify the growing needs of customers & users as we make our product extensible to larger & more diverse workforces
- Partner with Product Managers to ensure we strike the perfect balance between product strategy, customer needs, & user needs in everything we ship
- Utilize & contribute to on our design system, Gamut, in collaboration with engineering & design peers
- Take broad, conceptual ideas & turn them into congruent scenarios, usable flows, & simple, intuitive interfaces
- Advocate for the Learner in every part of the product you touch & be their voice within the product development process
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 3+ years of experience shipping complex, solutions-oriented product design work
- A human-centered design process that produces thoughtful & engaging product design work
- A deep appreciation for the craft of design & the people your designs serve
- Ability to balance the the needs of a wide range of user types to have an equally enriching & effective learning experience
- Use of data in your design process
- Excellent verbal communication skills & ability to soundly discuss design decisions
- Strong graphic design foundations mindful of typography, color usage, visual hierarchy, etc.
- Maintain a Visual design point of view while being able to work within a structured product design system
- Experience performing & analyzing UX research - Proficiency with Figma, the Adobe Suite, & prototyping tools
- A passion to continually learn & help others in their educational pursuits
NICE TO HAVE
- Youve designed & shipped enterprise products
- Experience in growth stage companies
- Designing with code
- Comfortable using motion design tools both for prototyping & product assets
- Experience using Figma in your workflow
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.