Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an Analyst, HEDIS to join our Value Capture team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
In this role, you will assist with key operations for a core Oscar insurance function called Value Capture. Under the Value Capture umbrella exists two groups known as Risk Adjustment & Quality, which are the only operations that can affect Oscars bottom line after weve set premium rates.
Your role will be focused on supporting HEDIS & STARs initiatives with both our vendors & internal stakeholders. You will serve as the primary point of contact for analytics & reporting within the operations team for HEDIS. You will partner with the Revenue Operations & NCQA team to ensure execution & understanding performance in all measures.
You will work closely with other departments to guarantee regulatory compliance & improve ACA/MA STARS. In this role youll build & refine workflows while also tracking progress to meet critical CMS deadlines. Youll help manage data for health systems, vendor partners, & internal stakeholders. Youll identify inefficiencies & recommend tactical program improvements. This position requires you to be data & operationally savvy.
You will report into the Associate Director, Value Capture Strategy & Analytics.
- Collect & analyze data to implement & monitor quality improvement initiatives that will achieve Star Program outcomes for all lines of business
- Design & operationalize member engagement campaigns & monitor their success
- Maintain up to date standards for CMS & State guidelines & NCQA specifications
- Establish relationships with internal & external stakeholders (Vendors, Population Health, Risk Adjustment, Concierge) to foster an increased understanding of the HEDIS process
- Develop strategies & collaborate with executive leadership using advanced quantitative & qualitative data analytics to drive short & long term quality performance improvement for members & providers engagement
- Optimize member health by increasing penetration of evidence-based preventative & chronic care measures by identifying care gaps & barriers
- Coordinate information between departments to improve quality of care to our members
- Bachelors in Business, Data Analytics, Health Administration or related field
- Deep understanding of HEDIS specification & STARs measures
- 2+ years experience with SQL
- Experience managing vendor relationships
- Experience in a tech/startup environment
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.