This is a full-time summer internship in New York City. Latch is unable to provide summer housing or a relocation stipend for summer interns. Additionally, interns must be able to commit to working full-time over the summer, 40 hours/week. *
Latch is hiring a Firmware Test Automation Engineering Intern for our Firmware Team, to work closely with our Firmware QA engineers on testing the firmware for the next generation of access control hardware. This Firmware Test intern will collaborate with Software QA & Support Engineering, to ensure our test automation tools are implemented into our embedded systems software & firmware development.
The engineering team works in a fast-paced & highly-challenging environment, which means that as an intern at Latch, youll be given real projects that greatly impact the future of the company.
Smart access isnt about locking doors, its about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the worlds first fully-integrated hardware & software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. Were looking for the curious & the creative to join our team & help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Create test scripts & suites to ensure product specifications are being met
- Conduct automated (and manual tests, when necessary) to ensure high reliability & quality metrics
- Work closely with Firmware developers as they implement features, to ensure requirements are being fulfilled
- Help innovate & implement automated test strategies into our software development process
- Create & maintain the automation test fixtures & set-ups needed to run testing
- Work closely with support & application engineers to ensure seamless deployment & high product reliability metrics in the field
- Assist with documentation
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems, Computer Engineering, or a similar field (preference for those graduating Winter 2020 or Spring 2021)
- Proficient in C programming & at least one scripting language (Python preferred).
- Experience working with a Raspberry Pi, Arduinos, and/or IoT dev kits strongly preferred
- Experience with Quality Assurance, Automation, Testing, and/or Applications Experience
- Experience analyzing test data; working knowledge of MongoDB and/or SQL a plus
- Familiarity with deploying a CI/CD test environment using Jenkins
- Familiarity with testing devices running on bare metal/RTOS, Linux, and/or Android a plus
- Familiarity with debugging equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers, or Meters
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, & share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents & property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self-starters with unique backgrounds & unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards & Penn Station in New York City. Interns will have the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, & fast-paced office environment. Come grow with us.