Company Description|Job Description
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as an Director - Program Management, Accelerated Delivery Team, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
The global Product organization delivers the holistic product strategy for Visa & accelerates the seamless delivery of our products into markets. We are at the core of Visa's overall vision to be the best way to pay & be paid for everyone, everywhere. We are fueled by a diverse team of talented team-members who continuously raise the bar on delivering best-in-class products & services to people all over the world.
The Accelerated Delivery team for Product is accountable for successful commercial launches in close collaboration with our Product teams & major ecosystem partners. We are seeking a Program Management to join our new team in San Francisco to lead complex programs.
If you are a self-starter who enjoys leading & building teams, being the connective tissue keeping all stakeholders coordinated across the entire program lifecycle, & you want to be responsible for successful outcomes impacting the future growth of Visa - then this is the team for you!
How you will make an impact:
- You'll work with Product leaders to structure & manage integrated, multi-track projects and/or programs that meet the business intent for Visa's product strategies
- You'll play a leadership role in operationalizing key elements of the program by defining, planning, orchestrating, & delivering a given initiative often involving multiple internal & external constituents & matrix partners
- You'll demonstrate your passion for transforming program intent into a coalition of the willing with a sense of purpose & bring challenging cross-function efforts to life through a well-structured approach.
- You'll provide direction, motivation, & support to the program & project teams. You'll inspire co-workers to attain goals & excellence.
- You'll help fuel organizational success by elevating key wins & challenges to your sponsors-allowing them to keep their finger on the pulse of the organization & do what they do best... knock down barriers.
- You'll be responsible for early identification of issues, determining potential resolutions, assigning the appropriate resources, communicating status, tracking & resolving them in a timely manner
- You'll lead various program governance & inter-department forums & publish periodic project status reports
- Manage large complex programs working for the Product / Solution leads including working across teams to ensure successful delivery
- Serves as a subject matter expert in routinely briefing key stakeholders, including interactions with strategic partner executives
- Defines & tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, & reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, & quality parameters
- Represents the project in various project governance & inter-department forums & publishes periodic project status reports
Why you'll love us:
- We believe what we do is a team sport - we win together
- Our team loves what they do - driving the future of Payments
- Quality outcomes & relationships are what matters to us
- Visa is going places & we are on the forefront
- We are growing & evolving as we go
10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- You have 10-12 years of experience in a fast-paced environment navigating ambiguity successfully, most likely in product, product development, or large complex projects in a matrix organization
- You are self-motivated & highly driven. You have get-things-done DNA. You have an Agile mindset.
- You are always learning & comfortable with constant change.
- You bring a start-up mindset to your program management approach ... you see needs & fill them.
- You are an excellent problem-solver & critical-thinker with the ability to identify & remove barriers & enable teams to complete their objectives
- You are detail oriented & proven ability to manage multiple, cross-functional initiatives with overlapping timelines & deliverables
- You are a great listener & can communicate clearly with many types of people.
- You put a premium on strong working relationships & know how to use diplomacy to get things done.
- You have great judgement & show grace under pressure.
- You are trusted by senior leaders who come to you find out what is really going on. You are not afraid to tell it like it is.
- You build momentum for change & carry the team across the finish line in making it happen.
- Must be available during regular business hours with flexibility to accommodate global time zones.
- This position may require travel for work up to 10-20% of thetime.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law