Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries & one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery & pickup services bring everyday essentials & fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. & Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different & flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive & neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, & give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
At Instacart, we hold ourselves greatly responsible for protecting our customers', shoppers', partners' data & provide a secure platform to shop. As one of the early members of the security team, you will have a tremendous impact on Instacart's security posture & engineering culture. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to have a large sense of ownership, grow extraordinarily in their career, develop cross-functional technical & soft skills, in not just security, rather engineering overall. Our platform is complex, rapidly scaling & processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day
- Build, deploy & maintain tools to help with security intrusion detection, audit & response.
- Investigate & respond to security incidents
- Automate the investigation & remediation of security events
- conduct application design & code reviews on an ongoing basis
- Help identify risk patterns & offer proactive defense suggestion
- Work with stakeholders across the organization, provide security training & outreach to our internal development teams to achieve a consistently high security bar
- Create & Review RBAC policies across AWS, GCP & Kubernetes
- Travel to the SF headquarters as needed
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together & Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Understanding of cloud security (AWS/GCP) & SOA patterns
- Experience with scripting & coding
- Experience with networking & Linux
- Good understanding of security concepts & best practices
- Ability to identify, analyze, scope, contain & eradicate real-world threats
- Capability to understand application & system architecture holistically
- Experience with Secure development life-cycle (SDLC) practices including threat modeling & security testing
- Experience with GDPR, CCPA & SOC2 compliance.
- Experience running bug bounty programs & triaging/resolving security vulnerabilities in the application layer.