BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeeds Learning & Diversity teams are looking for a new team member to help us build our Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging function & support our learning programs. This role will be great for anyone who has a strong interest in helping employees develop the skills they need to reach their career goals AND helping organizations become a place where employees can bring their authentic selves to work.
The Diversity & Learning Manager will report to the Director, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging.
- Design & facilitate diversity training sessions (example: unconscious bias, difficult conversations about race, allyship, etc.)
- Measure & communicate the effectiveness of diversity programs
- Design diversity programs (discussion groups, speaker series, etc.)
- Lead & support learning programs & monthly programming as needed (instructor-led & online)
- Create diversity reports that will be shared with BuzzFeed leaders
- Draft diversity-related communications
- Help plan cohort-based leadership programs
- Experience leading diversity & inclusion programs
- Experience facilitating in-person & virtual training sessions
- Experience planning events (small or large)
- Experience managing projects and/or programs (especially development programs)
FYI just because you dont meet every requirement doesnt mean we dont want to hear from you. If you think youd be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
We are currently working remotely, & we expect to eventually re-open our offices when it is safe to return, in 2021. After re-opening, you will be expected to come into the New York or Los Angeles offices.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.