About the Company
Data is the lifeblood of todays businesses. Data represents our knowledge, our creativity, our hard work. Enterprises need their data to scale across the boundaries of traditional data storage to be scalable, manageable, & accessible anywhere & anytime it's needed.
Qumulo offers a scalable file system that runs in the data center & in the public cloud. Founded in 2012 by people who believe that enterprises should be able to seamlessly see, manage, & share their data, Qumulo was built for real customer needs & with the future in mind. Qumulo software & customer support will forever change quality standards in the data storage marketplace.
For more information, visit www.qumulo.com.
About the Team:
Qumulos elite Sales team is made up of pioneers, technology evangelists & problem solvers. Bolstered by robust experience in the Data Storage industry, our exclusive team of sales professionals lead our product into new markets, & enable us to delight a growing customer base with our innovative storage solutions.
About the Position:
Qumulo's NYC/CT-based Systems Engineer will be a key addition to our field sales organization. This person will utilize their deep understanding of technology in the storage industry to assess customer needs, build strong business cases for our product, & tackle customer issues. They will not only build rapport with potential & current customers, but also become a trusted advisor for our customers & a champion for their needs.
The ideal candidate has a consistent track record of awing customers with their technical acumen. This person is a pragmatic & innovative problem solver, driving change & evangelizing new technologies in our market place.
- Guide content of sales presentations through deep understanding of nuances of customer verticals.
- Understand all technical needs of prospective customers.
- Submit activity reports & maintain current SalesForce records.
- Establish Try & Buy accounts & test plans, helping customers set up & implement our product in their environment.
- Act as a beacon for industry standards, researching & reporting changes in products, service, & policy, & evaluating results & competitive developments.
- Champion the needs of the customers through investigating problems & developing solutions.
- Maintain professional & technical knowledge by through independent research, attending workshops, & cultivating networks.
- Collect & maintain data to guide & inform future sales & business decisions.
- Backup / Archive product knowledge such as Commvault, Symantec, etc.
- Deep understanding storage platform technologies such as SAN & NAS.
- Working knowledge of the following operating systems: Window XP, 7, 8, Server R2. Unix (Redhat, Ubuntu, Centos).
- Strong Presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio).
- M&E, BioTech, or Oil & Gas account knowledge a plus.
*Please note that employment at Qumulo is contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background check.