With thousands of beautiful spaces built for travel & life, Sonder is transforming the future of hospitality. Each Sonder is purposefully selected, designed & maintained - customized to reflect the vibe of its neighborhood. Whether your stay is two days, two months or two years, in a studio or a six-bedroom, Sonder ensures a unique, yet consistent experience. And with 24/7 on-demand service, crisp linens, & over 200 other quality standards, were taking stay further for guests all around the world.
Sonder started a little over five years ago, & now has thousands of spaces in cities across the globe.
This role will be responsible for all markets across Canada. Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver are preferred locations.
At Sonder, You Will:
- Propel our growth even further by adding thousands of units to our portfolio.
- Prospect, qualify, pitch, & close new real estate opportunities.
- Build relationships with many of the largest developers & owners across the country.
- Negotiate & structure deals by leveraging other headquarter resources including teams dedicated to market analysis, underwriting & public policy stakeholders.
- Develop & maintain a network of national & international agents & broker partners to drive the supply pipeline.
- Craft, negotiate, & support leases favorable to Sonder & its guests, with a focus on commercial terms, as well as property upkeep, maintenance, cleanliness, & landlord responsiveness.
What We Look For:
- Youre an accomplished closer who is self-driven. Youve mastered the art of presenting a value proposition & handling objections while inspiring trust.
- You have & build powerful networks. You can find your way to anyone in the country, particularly when it comes to real estate.
- You are analytical, decisive & have the entrepreneurial drive to craft & implement a strategic plan for property acquisition. You have experience in a real estate related role & can design sophisticated partnerships in order to create long-term value.
- You have experience in real estate development & are familiar with the process to get a project from conceptualization through permitting to final execution.
- Youre an overachiever. You set high goals & then exceed them.
- You can deftly navigate the public policy environment & have a knack for understanding & influencing the legal/regulatory framework.
- Youre a strategic thinker who has led organizations through rapid growth.
- Youre an outstanding communicator with the ability to communicate complex deals in simple terms to a variety of stakeholders in different locations & from different backgrounds.
- Experience with a range of asset classes (Residential, Commercial, Retail, & Hospitality) You master all aspects of real estate development; equity structures, financing considerations, construction, lease-up & exit. Minimum ten years of real estate experience.
- Self starter with a sense of humor & the ability to thrive in a fast moving environment.
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at:
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Annual free credits & discounts to stay in Sonders
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, & a team of smart, ambitious & fun towork-withcolleagues!
Depending on your location:
- Daily catered lunches
- All the coffee you can imagine
- Snack-filled kitchen
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversityatour company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.