Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation & create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community & collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North Americas fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte & Magazine, & have been rated a leader by the analyst community & named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are building for the future of the web, & we want you to be a part of it.
We are actively seeking a Senior Revenue Accountant to join our Finance Organization as a key member of the Revenue Team reporting to the Revenue Manager. This individual must have an understanding of revenue recognition guidance & have a demonstrated ability to apply such guidance in a fast paced corporate environment. This role will also assist with the review & streamlining of current processes & controls within Revenue Accounting.
- Working closely with both the legal & sales organizations to assist with the creation of Customer contracts
- Preparation of deal review summaries of material quarterly contracts for the exterior auditors
- Assist with the project accounting organization to ensure that all project accounting revenue is recognized in accordance with ASC 606
- Performing the maintenance, monitoring, & reconciliation of the Companys deferred revenue & unbilled receivables accounts
- Maintain the Companys Fair Value analysis for all product lines
- Prepare various monthly, quarterly, & annual revenue reports for management review as needed
- Ownership over various month end & ad hoc processes
- Identify opportunities & assist Company in process improvement
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA preferred but not required
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience in public accounting and/or high growth software or SaaS technology company
- Understanding of US GAAP accounting principles with respect to Software, SaaS, & Professional Services revenue recognition
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- SFDC or other CRM system experience
- Knowledge of general ledger systems (SAP, Oracle, Intacct)
- Strong work ethic, accountable, & able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Team player who has the ability to work independently & proactively to respond to inquiries & deliver results
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.