The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is the first point of contact for our customers. Our SDRs demonstrate high levels of professionalism & Databricks product knowledge. They are creative, passionate, & self-driven team players. Day-to-day responsibilities include qualifying inbound leads, routing them to Account Executives & tracking various data points that will help optimize our sales efforts.
This role is for entry-level candidates looking to launch their career in software sales. To be considered, you must show intense curiosity, articulate the value proposition of Databricks, & communicate why a career in sales is the right path for you.
- Rapidly learning about big data & Spark
- Following up on a high volume of new leads in a rapid manner
- Establishing rapport with all levels of buyers including senior executives
- Understanding a leads needs & effectively communicating how Databricks will meet them
- Documenting various details including use case, lead scores, purchase timeframes, next steps
- Prioritizing opportunities & applying appropriate internal resources
- Using Salesforce.com for lead management & sales forecasting
- Ensuring 100% satisfaction with all customers
- Four year degree from a top university is required
- Clear passion & strong communication skills
- Prior successful sales or lead qualification experience is a plus but not necessary
- Consistent measurable over-achievement in past experiences
- Must understand Spark & big data
- Passion for cloud technologies
Databricks mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering & Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering & lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL & interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, & secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity & total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA & Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Viacom, Shell, & HP. For more information, visitwww.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark & Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Catered lunch (everyday), snacks, & drinks
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
- Awesome coworkers
- Maternity & paternity plans