ABOUT THE ROLE
theSkimm is looking for a Talent Relations associate to support our growing talent booking efforts, especially as we further expand our event programming. Reporting to the Talent Relations Manager, theyll be charged with booking talent for theSkimms marketing & editorial series, with a focus on events & paid talent opportunities. The ideal candidate is not just a talent booker & expert networker, but is also tapped into all things pop culture, from up-and-coming talent to this years most anticipated film releases.
This is a full-time, temporary role through December 2021.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Booking celebrity, expert, influencer & newsmaker talent for theSkimms marketing & editorial series, with a focus on events & paid talent opportunities
- Working with theSkimms legal team to manage & execute contracts for paid talent
- Owning the booking process start to finish, from sourcing through pitching & booking
- Collaborating across editorial, marketing & sales teams
- Maintaining the Talent teams slate of upcoming releases, including forecasting & predicting new talent
- Maintaining the Talent teams pitch log
- Staffing talent & their teams at in-person or virtual events
- Supporting additional editorial talent booking efforts when needed
- Establishing & maintaining contacts across the industry
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- 1-2 years of experience booking talent for a publisher, a rolodex of contacts, plus experience booking for events, campaigns & sponsored opportunities, including familiarity with contracts, talent rates & barters
- Deep understanding (and love) of the pop culture & celebrity landscapes, including social media trends & upcoming talent
- Experience discreetly staffing talent & their teams at events & shoots in person and/or virtually
- Ability to remain calm under pressure & navigate all types of scenarios with talent & their teams
- Ability to work cross-functionally, especially alongside theSkimms marketing & sales teams
- An enthusiastic networker contacts who is able to establish & maintain relationships across the industry
- A deep understanding of theSkimms brand & audience
- Highly-organized, with the ability to take ownership & manage several projects at once
- Creative thinker who can brainstorm talent ideas to fit a brief or logline
- Excellent writer & strategic communicator
- Bachelors degree
theSkimm is a mission-driven digital media company giving millennial women the information they need to live their smartest lives. Since launching in 2012, theSkimm has become a trusted source for a community of millions of Skimmrs by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way its audience consumes news & makes decisions. theSkimm's flagship product, the Daily Skimm, remains the fastest-growing newsletter on the market, & the company continues to innovate, finding new ways to Skimm everything from finance & careers to voting, wellness & downtime. theSkimms product suite has expanded to include two top-rated podcasts, Skimm This'' & Skimmd From the Couch, theSkimm mobile app, Skimm Money & Press Pause newsletters, a new virtual course series called SkimmU, & Skimm Studios for innovative in-house video & audio content. theSkimms first book, How to Skimm Your Life, was released in June 2019 & debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list.
And were not done. By continuing to grow the breadth of theSkimm offerings in the lifes necessity categories & expanding our products across events, commerce, customized content & audio, theSkimm ecosystem will become the go-to resource for this generation -- & the ones that follow -- in the most critical areas of their lives.
This is a full-time, temporary role through December 2021 based in New York, NY.