Our editorial team is looking for an Editor to lead our Beauty coverage at Brit + Co.
The ideal candidate has proven experience planning an editorial strategy & voice for Beauty including a track record of developing service & trend-driven series & features. A top candidate will also have years of experience working with & recruiting writers, determining photo & video needs, tracking performance through data & maintaining a passionate view on Brit + Cos special signature spin on the Beauty category.
Yes, you love finding that universally flattering shade of berry for our readers, but you love covering that product in an SEO-rich story with a clicky headline. You should be able to identify key trends (not just what is appearing in your feed) & should know the best experts to speak to in order to provide service for the reader. You should be fluent in reading health-based studies that cover beauty topics/ingredients/trends. And you should have a bottomless well of ideas, angles, & packaging for all things beauty.
On top of that vision, the Beauty Editor will maintain a stable of contributors & a schedule for stories. Plus, this Editor will be expected to work cross-fuctionally with design, video & marketing to really make your section of Brit + Co is smart, beautiful, & super shareable.
- Work closely with Executive Editor, Style to develop content strategy for Beauty, including written pieces, photo & video
- Maintain editorial calendar for assigning stories & deadlines
- Conceive of new content series, plus revamping existing ones to create the best, most clickable content for our readers
- Coordinate with video & design teams to create photo, video, or design assets that help best tell stories in compelling, catchy ways
- Have network of strong writers & contributors in Beauty category
- Provide support for content partners & influencers
- 4+ years experience working in a fast-paced editorial environment
- Intense knowledge of all things beauty (including trends, experts, science, & the best practices to covering those areas in a high-quality, editorial manner)
- Knowledge of SEO & analytics platforms
- Professional & personal knowledge of social platforms (Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram & Snapchat)
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop & experience collaborating with designers
- Quick study in adapting to a companys voice & style guide
- Strong grammar & copywriting skills
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- Experience working in Wordpress