At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a diligent & enthusiastic Senior Cost Accountant. Its an excellent opportunity to take charge of a critical Accounting area as part of the Finance team, focusing on various areas like cost accounting, direct purchases, inventory management & accounts payable. Reporting to the Sr. Accounting Manager, you will partner closely with Supply Chain, Operational Markets & FP&A & provide critical support in ensuring compliance with US GAAP & related accounting rules.
- Implement & maintain systems & SOX compliant processes for tracking bike fleet/stations & other assets.
- Ensure asset costing policies are clearly defined & consistently implemented.
- Perform quarterly cost variance analysis & maintain accurate costing records.
- Develop & execute a review process for asset adjustments, including setting processes & approval thresholds, developing a reporting & review process, & actively reviewing & approving inventory/in-process adjustments.
- Lead & coordinate periodic asset counts.
- Must be able to analyze data, draw conclusions, interpret results & make recommendations
- Analyze aging reports & review turnover of inventory/in-process materials for possible impairment & calculate any necessary reserves.
- Maintain process documentation & look for opportunities to automate & improve daily costing accounting & account processes
- Assist in the improvement of processes & internal controls related to inventory
- Analyze inventory in-transit transactions from factory to distribution center/central warehouse to markets & investigate delays to ensure timely recording of transactions
- Ensure all required journal entries & respective backups are properly recorded
- Prepare account reconciliations & flux analysis & ensure they are SOX compliant
- Timely & accurate execution of monthly close in areas of responsibility
- Perform ad-hoc requests & other duties as assigned
- BS degree in Accounting, Business, or a related field preferred
- 4+ years of public accounting and/or private accounting experience, CPA/CMA preferred but not mandatory
- At least 3 years in manufacturing, assembly or Inventory Management environment
- Aptitude to question processes & procedures to ensure that work is being completed in an efficient manner
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with ERP asset tracking systems & inventory is mandatory - NetSuite/Oracle is strongly preferred
- Excellent organization & interpersonal skills; ability to meet deadlines
- Self-starter & problem solver
- Understanding of inter-company transactions & how they are eliminated
- Experience with Inventory transactions & three-way match for billing mandatory
- Experience working in a fast-paced, growing, startup organization preferred
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.