At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for an Operations Lead to join our Dallas Team! In this role, you will lead a team of associates that deliver expert customer service & problem solving to our community of drivers.
Were looking for an entry-level manager capable of developing, training, & coaching team members, but someone also willing & capable of demonstrating excellent customer service.
This role requires a roll-up-your-sleeves mindset & willingness to support wherever needed. One day you may be managing the roll out of a new safety initiative, another day you may be directly de-escalating a customer upset about an experience theyve had on the Lyft platform. Every week you show up excited for a 1:1 with your team members to discuss their progress & coach them through challenges -- & youd never ask them to do anything you wouldnt be willing to do yourself.
In summary, if youre a natural leader who is passionate about team development, if you are business-savvy, versatile, & exceptionally driven, we would love to meet you!
- Lead, coach, & manage a team of hourly associates responsible for frontline customer service.
- As customer demand (and team attendance) requires, be prepared to jump into the various roles required to provide operational continuity (e.g. greeting, case management, escalations).
- Serve as the lead for our FlexDrive support, ensuring operational excellence & consistent alignment with local Fleet team
- Serve as a strategic thought partner for other local leaders, providing insights & recommendations on how to drive performance & growth
- Analyze operational data & provide impactful operational recommendations
- Monitor root causes of market performance & identify connections, patterns or trends in the business
- Partner with cross-functional teams across operations, compliance, government relations, marketing, analytics, & product / engineering to develop & implement local initiatives.
- Roll up your sleeves & get stuff done, no one can be counted on to execute faster or better than you
- 2+ years providing leadership to a team, ideally as a direct manager.
- Experience managing cross-functional projects in fast-paced & sometimes ambiguous environments
- Strong interpersonal skills & the ability to influence & collaborate up & down the organization, as well as with external stakeholders
- Strong oral & written communication skills, & extreme attention to detail
- Passion & resourcefulness to solve ambiguous, undefined problems
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once & prioritize relentlessly
- Proficient in G Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc), Excel & SQL, & have experience building forecast models & analyzing complex data sets to inform decisions
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.