Gimlet Media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes critically-acclaimed shows like Reply All, StartUp, Science Vs, Homecoming, & The Nod. We have top editorial, sales, & business teams that work together to create experiences that help listeners better understand each other & the world around them. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, & kind people to join our team.
We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to create amazing experiences for listeners, & a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, & supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, & who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here. Were proud to have recently joined the Spotify family with whom we share these values.
Gimlet Creative is the division of Gimlet Media that has historically partnered with brands to create award-winning advertising spots, as well as original podcasts for brands. Weve made shows with clients like Tinder, eBay, Nike, Adobe, Mastercard, & many more. Gimlet Creative is a highly collaborative group who work with people across Spotify & Gimlet -- from hosts, producers, & engineers, to marketers & strategists.
We're collaborating with a major technology brand on a podcast series about digital marketing. Were looking for a freelance Producer who can help us with production on this series for 4 days per week. The Producer will be responsible for everything from storyboarding, to interviewing, to working with the host, writing scripts, & weighing in on mix edits. This particular project will be extremely deadline driven & heavily reliant on booking & scheduling prowess.
This role is for a Producer who is curious about the world, has a strong commitment to excellence, can give & receive constructive feedback, pitch great ideas without getting too attached to them & is a team player. Above all, this person is genuinely excited about the challenge of partnering with a brand to tell stories that fulfill their goals, while also putting listeners first.
What Youll Do
- Select tape, structure, write, edit & score two longform podcast episodes
- Research & identify stories & characters for longform podcast episodes
- Book & produce multiple interviews
- Field reporting & production outside of the studio
- Work collaboratively with GC producers, & partner with engineers on post-production
What You Have
- 2+ years of audio experience or relevant experience in a related field (either journalism or advertising)
- Demonstrated ability to pitch & execute ambitious ideas
- Demonstrated ability to work under strict deadlines
- The ability to receive & implement feedback as part of a highly collaborative work environment
- Experience copywriting and/or writing scripts for radio/podcasts/video production
- Exacting attention to detail
- Efficiency in Pro Tools
- Bonus points if youve worked on branded content
What To SubmiT
- A resume
- A work sample that youre proud of. Please include an explanation of what role you played in the production process & why you chose this sample.
This is a temporary role based in our Brooklyn, NY office.
Please apply by 10am EST on Monday, October 21st