What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Were a team of builders & strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity & offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, & every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, & we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a VP of Data Engineering to join our growing team!
About Your Team
Were building a globally distributed team of data architects, data engineers, & database administrators to empower strategic objectives of our Product & Business teams. You will partner with the existing data warehouse team to transform our current capabilities into one that is more robust & adheres to industry best practices & architectural standards.
- Build & lead BlockFis Data Engineering organization from the ground up, fostering a data-driven culture & overseeing career development & performance management
- Oversee technical strategy & architecture across data integration, data lake, data warehousing & data access layers
- Partner with business & product teams to understand their specific requirements for metrics & analysis, & build efficient & scalable data pipelines to enable data-driven decisions across business lines
- Architect & take ownership of our data warehouse, related data pipelines, & comprehensive reporting dashboards to empower data access & self-service, & to instrument critical business metrics.
- Drive the implementation of data governance & data security related processes
- Establish & evangelize best practices, frameworks & processes across data engineering
- 15+ years of experience within data engineering, data architecture, & modern data warehouse concepts with 7+ years of experience managing/leading teams
- Experience building & scaling a data organization, processes & technology from scratch within a rapidly scaling startup environment
- Proven track record of synthesizing & deriving a clear & prioritized roadmap based on a large number of business needs & requirements
- Expertise within cloud data architecture & databases; we use AWS Redshift & Postgres
- Ability to translate business stakeholders requests into technical solutions that will grow with the businesss needs.
- Experience achieving compliance with industry-standard data governance controls & processes, ideally within the context of Amazons Web Services (AWS)
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience & expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health & well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, & Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team & we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial & driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), & the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, & our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, & as we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments & Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand