At Appian, were not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, & innovation; great people, great software! As a Product Manager, youll be working alongside other Product Managers on a small team of technical staff, interact with key business stakeholders, & own the prioritized product backlog to ensure your team delivers high-quality software with each & every iteration.
What is Appian? Its an application platform that lets business people build powerful cloud & mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
This position on Appian's low-code data team gives you the opportunity to shape the future of Appian's core product. Our mission is simple. Make it easier & faster to build data-driven business apps. This position is for you if you have experience working with databases or data from various systems. Familiarity with data modeling, reporting or related areas preferred
What youll do: Prioritize, define, & ensure success of product features for various users at the roadmap/release level (we release quarterly) as well as functionalities within each feature at the sprint level (two-week sprints).
- Prioritize what we should build & when by collaborating with stakeholders on product strategy & making data-driven decisions
- Define how those features will work & look through close collaboration with engineers in design sessions, mockups, UX review, & usability testing
- Cultivate a deep understanding of your users & customers. Be their advocate
- Manage your team's backlog through planning & working with devs
- Share ideas & receive feedback on new features through presentations to stakeholders & collaborators
- Ensure successful delivery of features & participate in go-to-market activities (documentation, training, webinars, etc.)
- Follow your work through to customer impact by tracking adoption/usage, talking to customers & partners, prioritizing bugs & enhancements, & recommending additional investments to meet the market
- Strategic thinker & problem solver with a proven ability to prioritize, negotiate, & execute in order to accomplish amazing things
- Ability to draw clarity out of complex & ever-changing environments; comfortable working through ambiguity
- Strong communicator
B.S. in Computer Science or related field
Preferred Experience Level:
2+ years of experience, ideally as a Product Owner for a Scrum team
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.