Proudly Farmers First!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation & technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network (FBN)!
FBN was created by farmers for farmers & is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce & community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability & sustainability of family farms & rural communities.
We are a dynamic, & innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation & benefits & is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price & Temasek.
The Account Executive will play a key role in expanding the FBN Direct sales regarding sales for crop inputs, FBN platform engagement, & driving data collection.
This full time role will be based in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia or regionally based with expected regional travel. By managing territory sales plans, the candidate will leverage partnerships & connections to drive FBN Direct engagement with growers & monthly sales of our product portfolio. The Account Executive will help build highly concentrated nodes of members in order to help reach data sufficiency & member contributions.
- Provide a seamless & highly differentiated crop input transaction experience while maintaining high farmer satisfaction from post-harvest conversations all the way to just-in- time in-season purchasing
- Work with farmers in relationship selling, customer retention, & business strategy to procure critical crop inputs
- Understanding a farmers crop input needs throughout the season
- Managing & working alongside regional community builders to provide seamless customer purchasing experience & drive awareness of product specials
- Remain abreast of trends, practices & technology used by Australian farmers
- Keep up-to-date on FBN crop protection products & their application
- Identify savings opportunities for the farmer by creating savings analyses & conducting walkthroughs of our unique analytical tools
- Constructing orders & shipments through our seamless transaction platform
- Use our instance of Salesforce to manage, prioritize & document all interactions & sales processes with farmers
- Manage & interpret agronomic data to provide options & recommendations to farmers
- Coordinate with nearby customers to work with potential leads through referrals
- Represent FBN at various farm industry trade shows/events
- Special projects/duties, as assigned
Qualifications & Skills
- 3+ years experience strong sales & sales management experience in agriculture managing & exceeding monthly & annual quotas selling directly to farmers
- 3+ years experience as a district, regional, territory manager, or retail experience, selling products or services directly to farmers
- 2+ years experience or familiarity with precision farming systems
- Experience working with SaaS
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills with a heightened sensitivity to the issues farmers face
- Understanding of market crop protection products & their application
- Strong planning, prioritization & organizational skills in addition to being highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work well within time constraints, able to effectively prioritize in a high demand environment within multiple remote locations in an accountable team structure
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Agricultural Sciences or equivalent experience working in the Agricultural sector.
- Must be able to travel ~70% of the time