POSITION TITLE: Managing Director, Newark
LOCATION: Newark, NJ
REPORTS TO: Executive Vice President, National Program
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Managing Director (MD) leads fundraising, community engagement, & program strategy to achieve success in our Newark location. You will provide vision & leadership, fiscal responsibility & sustainability, budget oversight, & program management oversight.
You will lead & develop a team to execute & advance our IT training program. At Per Scholas, we operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. As Managing Director, you will have the opportunity to shape an innovative workforce development approach in Newark as well as further build & establish the Per Scholas reputation within the Newark community.
WHAT YOULL DO:
Fundraising & Business Development
- Serve as the face of Per Scholas in Newark, representing Per Scholas in regional meetings, conferences, panels, & media opportunities
- Develop & lead Per Scholas Newark local fundraising strategy with support from the national development team
- Prospect for & generate local operating revenue through a diverse range of fundraising activities targeted at individual, institutional, & public sources
- Partner with national development team to generate grant requests & reports
- Oversee grant management for local grants & contracts
- With the support of the national program team, develop & lead the implementation of Per Scholas Newarks annual operating plan
- Ensure high-quality delivery of our IT training to new Per Scholas students & alumni
- Develop & implement new training initiatives in response to local demand
- Cultivate a pipeline of employers in the Newark community to invest in customized training
- Increase awareness of Per Scholas program to targeted communities
- Expand enrollment in Per Scholas training
- Serve as the Newark sites primary liaison with Per Scholas program, finance, communications, development, administration, & people teams
- Lead a team & facilitate regular performance management, professional development, & team meetings
- Follow local & national workforce, business, & tech industry trends to inform student & employer partner needs
- Ensure that all program goals are met or exceeded, including outcomes tracking & reporting using Salesforce & other platforms
- Prepare, manage, & grow the annual program budget
WHAT YOULL BRING TO US:
- Minimum of 7-10 years of relevant professional experience, & a bachelor's degree (or equivalent related experience) including:
- 5-7 years institutional fundraising experience
- 5-7 years managing teams of strong performers to success
- Experience deploying a replicable process/methodology in a new site
- Experience in workforce development a plus
- Experience in talent acquisition or human resources a plus
- A keen understanding of the foundation, corporate, & government funding landscape in the Newark area with demonstrated fundraising & development success
- Past success linking operational & business functions to strategic objectives
- Demonstrated ability to build C-level relationships & convert them to partnerships
- Experience fulfilling goals in ambiguous, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments
- An inclusive philosophy with experience working with ethnically & socioeconomically diverse communities
- An understanding of what it takes to build a supportive, collaborative work culture
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, & ability to collaborate & effectively interact with internal & external stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent conversational, public speaking, presentation, & writing skills
- Customer service orientation with an ability to build & maintain solid internal & external relationships
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work & mission
- You are a data-driven, results-oriented & forward-looking catalyst for social change
- You have a collaborative & flexible work style; youre excited to work both cross-functionally with other departments & independently
- You are tech savvy & learn quickly
- You are detail-oriented, with exceptional organizational & time management skills
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying careers, & that talent should be recognized & recruited from many diverse sources
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart & soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative & mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths & work-life balance, & welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
Youll enjoy a welcoming & casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, & benefits like health care & a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful & have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive & proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous & tuition-free technology training & professional development, we prepare motivated & curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as technology professionals, & we create onramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in eight cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Greater Boston, MA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region Newark, NJ & New York, NY. To date, Per Scholas has trained over 9,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life-changing skills & careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email our People team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to viewing your application!
Learn more at perscholas.org & platformbyps.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.