At 1stDibs, we are committed to developing a best-in-class platform to help our buyers discover beautiful & unique pieces of art, jewelry, & design. Our taxonomy is foundational to driving our business, empowering sellers, & guiding buyers throughout our marketplace. We are looking for an experienced Taxonomy Product Manager to join our Structured Data team & develop an extensible, robust taxonomy & related metadata to support our buyers in their discovery journey.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop expertise in analyzing user behavior, market & industry trends, & supply growth to inform data structure & taxonomy improvements on our platform. As a member of the Product team, you will partner with cross-functional teams to create the roadmap, drive strategy, & prioritize features. You will further refine your skills by constantly balancing technical requirements with user needs to meet the goals of the business.
About our Team
The Structured Data team at 1stDibs is responsible for developing & maintaining item attributes, controlled vocabularies, categorization, & filters for our marketplace to deliver a seamless & delightful shopping experience.
What youll do:
- Design, expand & maintain our platform taxonomy
- Research & propose category-specific attributes to enhance the buyer experience
- Partner with engineering, product, marketing, merchandising, designers, analytics, & other internal stakeholders to develop ways of integrating structured data across the platform
- Define requirements, goals & success metrics for respective product launches
- Translate buyer needs to seller best practices with respect to structured data in order to help optimize the marketplace experience for both buyers & sellers
- Advocate internally to drive structured data use, best practices, & adoption throughout the organization
- Serve as a cross-functional leader to collaborate with various teams to drive new product initiatives
- Manage projects using agile methodologies
What youll bring:
- 3+ years experience in information organization
- Track record of implementing user-centered solutions
- Familiarity with taxonomy management software
- Experience with user testing
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to break down complex problems & communicate effectively across different functions to identify potential solutions
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive effective decision-making
- Experience building, iterating & scaling products
- Strong analytical skills to analyze feature performance & the ability to make tradeoffs
- Project management & multitasking ability to juggle projects
Nice to haves:
- Proficient in SQL or other query languages
- E-commerce & marketplace experience
- Masters degree in library and/or information sciences
1stDibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal, & Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.