InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the worlds best customer experiences. We provide design tools & educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable & streamlined design workflow; rapidly design & prototype products before writing code, & collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, & organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks & Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Senior Software Engineer - Data Services to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
The Data Services team is a critical platform team that owns the infrastructure & software systems to provision data storage solutions for InVisions technology teams. We develop platform self-service tools empowering product engineering teams to provision & manage their own data services. As the subject matter experts of data, the team provides guidance & solutions ensuring secure, available, & scalable data solutions are chosen to meet the needs for InVisions products.
What youll do:
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality self-service platform services
- Interface & collaborate with other engineers on & beyond the team to deliver scalable solutions
- Administer, monitor, & deploy systems & services on AWS
- Establish architectural principles, select data design patterns & mentor engineering teams on their appropriate application
- Investigate data approaches, prototype new technologies, evaluate technical feasibility
- Build & develop tools which will automate data service provisioning & operational activities
- Own goals to consistently drive down operational load & increase efficiencies in every component of the teams operational work
What youll bring:
- What youll bring (we encourage you to apply even if you dont meet every single one)
- BS in Computer Science or a related field
- Expert level with MySQL or Postgres
- 2-3 years of professional Go experience
- Experience working with AWS technologies such as RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, Lambda
- Experience in building system automation tools
- Experience with online services & fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Proven ability to troubleshoot & identify the root cause of issues
- Excellent communication skills & the ability to work well in a team
- Strong customer focus, ownership & drive
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom & tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States & Canada include competitive health plans & retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, & home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.