Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them. Vox Medias networks & businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, & the Vox Media Podcast Network.
As a Software Engineer in the Cloud Platform Engineering group, you will report to the Manager of the Development Experience team & be responsible for our internal tools that power the development, test, & sandbox environments; empowering our overall engineering team to quickly develop, verify, & collaborate with their cross-discipline teams on the features that make our platform the best in its industry.
What youll do:
- Join a team of fellow engineers supporting the work of all the engineers at Vox Media
- Build internal tools that assist the engineers & their teammates in their workflows leading up to the point of merging & deploying their code
- Provide support for engineers on the tooling we provide for development, testing, & general automation, including:
- writing skeleton code & configuration templates
- writing & updating documentation
- pairing with product engineers on troubleshooting issues
What youll bring:
- Familiarity with, or eagerness to learn about, automation tooling like Github Actions & Jenkins
- Interest in how a company manages risk in the process of using third-party dependencies, using automation to create oversight & provide assurance
- Excitement about the potential of cloud computing platforms (bonus: experience with administration on AWS, Google Cloud, or similar)
Bonus points if you:
- Are ready to work online with a fully remote team
- Have a history of working across teams, regularly reaching out to and/or fielding requests from people you don't already know
- Possess empathy for people using development tools across a broad range of technical skill levels
- Are ready to teach & communicate to people the why behind technical decisions
- Are ready to accept periodic after-hours/on-call responsibilities shared across the Development Experience team
For more on the things we're building & problems we're solving, & what it's like to work with the Product, Design & Technology teams, see our Product Team blog. In an effort to provide an inclusive & respectful working environment, all team members adhere to our code of conduct.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.