Fastly helps the worlds most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, & scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, & scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, & The New York Times.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester As more & more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking & cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
Were building a better Internet. Come join us.
Industry Product Marketing Manager
As an Industry Product Marketing Manager, you will play a critical role in defining & advancing the Fastly value proposition across one to two key industries. You will become an expert in your markets, developing end executing upon integrated go-to-market plans. This role requires close alignment with sales, demand generation, product management, & client services teams, driving cross-functional team projects & creating critical content to enable customer success. Our product marketing team is growing quickly, & we are looking for someone who is excited to play a critical role in driving sales success in these industries.
What You'll Do
- Develop go-to-market strategies, identify impactful solutions & use cases, contribute to thought leadership, & open up new market opportunities for target industries
- Work continuously with industry-specific sales, sales engineering, & product teams to create compelling messaging that aligns to our product value propositions
- Deliver sales trainings & create sales tools to disseminate information across the team
- Support Fastlys industry-specific demand generation campaigns by creating high impact assets including white papers, solution briefs, webinars, infographics, landing pages, & blogs
- Become a subject matter expert at Fastly in 1 to 2 core industries, engaging closely with corresponding industry-focused sales teams & sales engineers & representing us at industry events
- Stay abreast of industry trends & developments through ongoing research & analyst engagements & leverage insights to develop targeted messaging
- Create buyer personas for your industries in order to articulate their concerns, identify buying trends, & ultimately understand how Fastly can help address their needs
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of proven track record in delivering highly technical products to an enterprise buyer
- Strong analytical abilities, with experience sizing & prioritizing market opportunities
- Excellent copywriting, editing & communication skills
- Highly competent & confident presenter & trainer
- Proven ability to understand complex technologies & apply learnings to extract compelling value propositions for different audiences
- Ability to provide consultative input to senior sales leaders based on market insights
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, high-pressure environment
- Attention to detail & discipline to follow established policies & process or create new processes as needed
- Experience leading complex, time-sensitive cross-functional projects, preferably in the SaaS space
- Experience in the CDN or cloud computing space would be be highly valued
- MBA or relevant degree / experience
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects & initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastlys home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices & employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, & we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, & an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing & maintaining our inclusive & diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work & have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people & were not one size fits all. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans & animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, & more. We love employees for who they are & what they are passionate about.
Were always looking for humble, sharp, & creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity & to providing employees with a safe & welcoming work environment free of discrimination & harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements & individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act & certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.