Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
Revenue at Rent the Runway is a high visibility, fast-paced, strategic team within the Consumer Org responsible for setting the revenue goals & key business metrics for the company. We are stewards of creating & growing a successful, revenue generating, scalable business. We are tasked with monitoring performance & unlocking new opportunities to hit goals & drive growth. We partner closely with cross-functional teams such as Marketing & Product to influence roadmaps & strategies & to ensure impactful execution of revenue initiatives.
About the Job:
Rent the Runway is looking for a Senior Manager to lead digital merchandising & personalization across the user experience. You should be a self-starter with immense curiosity & strong analytical skills as well as an interest and/or background in e-commerce & direct-to-consumer sales. This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work as a high-impact individual contributor in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, & data conscious environment. In this role, you are directly contributing to the companys success by identifying, crafting, & analyzing solutions to our site experience across site merchandising, personalization, product discovery, & revenue. Your work will help ensure that Rent the Runways shopping experience reinforces inventory selection as our competitive advantage & value proposition of an endless closet that can save you time getting dressed.
What Youll Do:
- Develop & own a cohesive digital merchandising experience that establishes the right balance between data & curation to drive engagement, loyalty, & conversion
- Establish metrics of success & monitoring across user experience for personalization, site merchandising & product discovery
- Identify technical gaps in site experience today & build roadmap & vision for ideal experience in partnership with engineering & machine learning
- Ensure the appropriate data is collected & tools are built to support the merchandising & personalization teams to operate efficiently, serve as business stakeholder with machine learning team
- Build & run tests on navigation, filters, home page placements, grids & carousels to improve conversion & retention
- Build & forge strong connections with Data/Analytics, Marketing, Fashion, & Product functions within RTR to be a driver & executor of strategies within the Revenue today & broader cross functional consumer organization
- 7+ years work experience, with preference for ecommerce, consumer tech companies, or fashion brands /retailers with online revenue business
- Experience working with machine learning teams & personalization algorithms
- Experience working with CMS
- Ability to run independent analyses & access data via looker to perform those analyses
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Looker and/or Tableau
- You have excellent interpersonal, listening, & communication skills - you can use verbal & written communication to express ideas clearly, & succinctly, including slide composition.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you & if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy & applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.