WHO ARE WE?
The tech team builds the systems & apps that communicate with our customers, warehouses, customer service, payment providers, & more. In short, we create & manage the systems that keep the business running and, more importantly, make dogs happy. We work collaboratively (no such thing as a dumb question) & scientifically (test & measure whenever we can), while taking the work--but not ourselves--too seriously. We generally work on squads of engineers, product designers, data analysts, QA & product management. We also work closely with stakeholders throughout the company to get things done. We see technology as a means to an end; we love solving problems & making the most of our time!
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
Do conversations about product discovery, A/B testing, & prioritization make you perk up your ears? Do you spend week nights cozied up with your dog, a tasty beverage, & some fresh data? Do you find yourself constantly asking What if there was an app for dogs that & wonder where all the other dog-crazy people are? If so, we should totally chat!
BARK is a fast-growing business for people who absolutely love dogs & want to build things to make dogs happy. We are hiring a Lead Product Manager to join our team to work on our subscription products & mobile apps. Youre an analytical & accountable product leader that gets your fix by communicating across functional teams, juggling competing priorities, & building your vision for the bigger picture. Empathy comes naturally to you, & youll do whatever it takes to help your team succeed.
- Work with business owners & stakeholders to define product vision & strategy to inform our digital product roadmap.
- Lead the ideation, technical development, launch, & testing of innovative products to solve customer problems & drive business objectives within native app experiences.
- Drive product development with our team of designers & engineers, ensuring we rely on data to inform testing, launching, & iterating on projects.
- Define & analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
- Manage, prioritize, & communicate metric goals, experiments, product backlog & roadmap.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders, ensuring best possible holistic user experience to improve the existing customer experience.
- 4+ years of Product Management experience at a technology product company, preferably on consumer-facing mobile products.
- Experience leading product squads working on native apps.
- Experience using data to inform & drive all aspects of the product life cycle. Must be able to identify KPIs, set metric goals, & use data to inform hypothesis driven experimentation.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to retrieve & analyze your own data from across our various analytics services.
- Great written & verbal skills with both business colleagues & technical colleagues.
- Empathy, optimism, curiosity, humility, & a somewhat inappropriate sense of humor.
- Openness to poop jokes is a must.
- You are obsessed with making dogs happy & healthy.
- Your Instagram feed is all dogs all the time (Not optional. Kidding. Maybe.)
This position is a full-time, salaried position. BARK currently has offices in NYC & Columbus, Ohio, but for the right candidates working remotely is also an option. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.