Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, & team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, & New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, & it starts right here at Gusto. Thats why were committed to building a collaborative & inclusive workplace, both physically & virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
We are seeking folks who are passionate about processing small business payrolls & searching for creative ways to de-risk payrolls and investigate potential fraud while delivering a world-class customer experience. As a Risk Operations team member, you will be tasked with limiting potential loss, improving the company's bottom line & be responsible for helping to make Gusto the safest & most secure payroll solution, while enabling growth.
Risk Operations is at the core of our business & our team is a key stakeholder in company decisions & operations. We currently process +$50bn of payroll annually, but with your help, we will process more in a safe & sustainable way. We are a small, close, fun group that works hard & laughs a lot. No egos here we collaborate & help each other out in a positive environment.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Heres what youll do day-to-day:
- Mitigate risky payrolls. You will put on an inspector hat & be tasked with managing & monitoring potentially risky payrolls while preventing the bad guys from abusing our system.
- Solve puzzles. Fraud is a complicated puzzle to solve.
- Come up with innovative methods to identify trends, patterns, & ultimately, catch the bad guys. Who doesnt love a good caper?
- Operate cutting-edge tools. Scope & drive continual enhancements to our systems & processes to identify & eliminate fraudulent activity.
- Work closely with key stakeholders. Work cross-functionally with internal teams, our customers, & external partners.
- Deliver world-class customer service. Be a resource to our internal teams & customers while working as a Subject Matter Expert to help with escalations pertaining to our area of expertise.
Heres what we're looking for:
- Experience. 1-3 years of experience in operational work, detection and/or investigation. Bonus if in the banking or payments industry.
- Thought Process. An insatiable appetite for problem solving, knack for structured thinking using a data driven approach, ability to spot unusual patterns, & sharp attention to detail.
- Values. Driven by a strong moral compass, is objective yet compassionate, & does the right thing every time.
- Discipline. Excellent time management skills & ability to handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously. Is extremely process & policy oriented.
- Attitude. Goal-oriented, positive, & proactive. Comfortable in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment. Communicates well with others.
- Background. Minimum Bachelor Degree.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $22.12/hr. - $36.54/hr. in Denver & most remote locations, & $27.41/hr. - $45.20/hr. for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience & expertise & may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life & so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values & our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.