About the Company
Boxed is the easiest & most modern way to shop for bulk goods. As a mobile-first company, customers can shop directly from the Boxed app on their iOS or Android mobile device, or online at www.Boxed.com. With Boxed, customers can have their household, personal care, & pantry favorites delivered conveniently to their home or office.
Our office is a dynamic, collaborative family of individuals. A technology company at our core, we are a vibrant, fun & a close group of engineers, designers, marketers, merchants, & operations specialists with a passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers.
About the role
Boxed is seeking a talented, creative, & customer-obsessed Associate to join our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) team, reporting to our Senior Director of CRM & Retention. Youll know youre the right person for this gig if you have a passion for marketing, love geeking out when it comes to segmenting, & stay up all night obsessing over the latest marketing trends.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, proactive, will challenge us at every turn, & have great attention to detail. This role will be critical to helping us build our lifecycle program & driving improvements across all consumer touch points. You will work closely with the CRM team & cross-functional partners (Creative, Data Science, Product, Vendor Marketing & Merchandising teams) to execute our strategy & continuously improve.
This role reports directly to the Senior Director of CRM & Retention.
- CUSTOMER FIRST - The needs of the customer always come first. Its at the heart of what we do. They depend on us to deliver what they need to make their day a little bit better.
- ACCOUNTABLE - We are accountable to ourselves & to one another. Individual contributions are the foundation of which we build the companys future. The success of the business is entrusted to you.
- INFORMED BY DATA - We use data as a tool to inform our decisions, we arent paralyzed by it. Data, along with sound judgement, allows us to move fast, measure, & iterate.
- RESILIENT AND ADAPTIVE - If we arent changing, we arent innovating. If we arent innovating, we become obsolete. To stay ahead, we must challenge the norm & embrace new ideas & ways of thinking.
- DOING GOOD - We do whats right for people through innovation that goes beyond the bottom line. We use our platform to bring positive change in our corner of the world.
- Perform day-to-day email marketing activities, inclusive of campaign set-up, A/B testing, scheduling & deployment of all outbound customer-facing emails (marketing, trigger, lifecycle & transactional emails). QA campaigns to ensure creative content, linking & copy are accurate.
- Monitor email performance & maintain weekly reporting. Provide actionable insights & opportunities to optimize campaign performance.
- Continually build, test & analyze customer segments & personalization to better engage, retain & reactivate our customers.
- Geek out on data sets, cohorts & segments to create personalized, relevant, fun & engaging
campaigns for customers.
- Assist in coordinating the messaging calendar, making sure to put the right content in front of the right recipient at the right time.
- Partner closely with internal stakeholders from the Creative, Data Science, Product, Vendor Marketing & Merchandising teams.
- Track email best practices & monitor industry trends to proactively make recommendations.
- 2-3 years of experience with email marketing, with hands on experience building & deploying email campaigns & workflows. Bonus points for experience with Iterable.
- Experience creating personalized email flows based on customer behavior is a plus.
- Knowledge of HTML is preferred but not required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced & progressive environment.
- Great attention to detail & process-oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask & manage competing priorities simultaneously.
- A proven track record of executing a project from start to finish.
- Passion for continuous improvement in an ever changing environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in a business / marketing / analytical or science field.
- Be cool. Culture is very important to us.
- Great team player; but you can also ride solo when needed.
- Hungry to help get Boxed to the next level.
Benefits & Perks:
- Working with smart, positive people
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits
- Work remotely