Looking for a position that allows you to engage all of your many technical talents? Do you particularly excel at not only solving complex technical problems, but also at communicating the solution clearly & effectively?
As a Solution Engineer, youre a technical Jack/Jill of All Trades; you love figuring out how things work, & youll be a resident expert on the inner workings of the Appian platform.
About the Job:
The Appian Solution Engineering team provides technical expertise to our customers around the globe. We touch every layer of the Appian platform; from data analysis to creative problem solving, our Solution Engineers tackle the most challenging technical problems, mitigate all of our customers concerns, & love the ability to employ our myriad of prowesses & interests.
We are looking for a hands-on engineer with excellent analytical & communication skills. Ideally, you not only have a strong interest in software development (minus the coding 8 hours a day part), but also have a desire to work closely with some of our highest stakes customers. A keen interest in data analytics is also desirable, as you will have the opportunity to work with big datasets. To reiterate, however: this is not a software development gig, & we dont require a Computer Science degree.
Here at Appian, we are revolutionising the way software is built -- & we dont just deploy & run. Be part of a team of problem-solving ninjas who thrive equally on under the hood technical action as well as world-class customer support.
- Bachelor's degree in any Engineering discipline, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related
- Required minimum 2-4 years experience in a highly technical support role, preferably in a software environment with Java/J2EE troubleshooting experience
- Experience and/or familiarity with JVMs
- In-depth operating system knowledge (e.g. Windows and/or Linux)
- Familiarity with database concepts (e.g., MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Strong foundation of basic network functions, standards, & protocols (e.g. proxies, SSL, load balancers, LDAP)
- Excellent at problem solving & a talent for identifying creative solutions
- Desire to work closely with our customers to help lead continual improvement in the availability, performance, functionality & security of our platform
- Flexibility to provide after business hours support (rotation every 10 or so weeks)
- Keen to provide exceptional customer interaction (verbal/written) to our biggest customers
Appian helps organisations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximise their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organisations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organisation, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.