As VP, Strategy, you are the office strategy lead, bringing leadership & expertise to complex projects. The overall quality of the strategy work is on your shoulders, but youre up to the job. Youre a natural leader who understands how to guide a strategy team through project lifecycles & across multiple client accounts. You wrote the book on effectively articulating insights & findings to multi-disciplinary teams (creatives, technologists, & many more). You live & breathe your clients businesses, & know their competitors, their customers, & key industry trends as well as (if not better than) they do.
And if you have expertise that spans business analysis, qualitative consumer research, web analytics & information architecturethats fantasticbut well gladly welcome your experience in two or three of these areas.
- Ensure overall quality of Strategy work on all projects & accounts across disciplines.
- Collaborate with other senior-level employees to ensure accounts have suitable strategists & analysts with appropriate skill sets for accounts, engaging your team at the right time.
- Be an advocate for the Strategy department, ensuring account teams understand the role of Strategy within a project.
- Be a constant source of support to special projects & initiatives within the Strategy department, providing guidance & insights to colleagues across disciplines.
- Ensure that core processes & deliverables are guided by strategic best-practices.
- Become an expert on client business sectors to identify business problems.
- Manage all aspects of pertinent research, including: benchmarking studies, consumer research (ie. usability testing, focus groups, field study), requirements gathering sessions & stakeholder interviews, multi-year digital roadmaps, & industry analyses.
- Regularly contribute POVs to be a thought leader for the agency.
- Provide excellent team management & oversight on all strategic & UX work.
- Collaborate in New Business pitches & organic growth projects.
- Distribute creative briefs to teams directed by strategic findings.
- Synthesize & communicate the results of research to clients & project teams to provide insight & perspective on the clients strategic direction.
- Connect measurement strategies to support ongoing & overall strategy development.
- Demonstrate the value of integrating Strategy services & activities into all client engagements.
- Provide thought leadership to colleagues & projects in a range of subjects that may include: requirements gathering, consumer research & insight, site measurement, & marketing & strategic planning.
- 10+ years experience in digital user experience strategy within a digital agency or user experience company, working directly with clients in campaign or communications planning.
- Excellent leadership & facilitation experience within larger teams.
- Experience designing personas & customer journeys with a keen understanding of content strategy, marketing, & distribution.
- Experience driving & winning new business pitches & growing accounts organically.
- An understanding & ability to design social ecosystems.
- A passion for digital & stay up to date on technology & trends.
- Experience in developing proposals & presentations for clients.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex subject matter in simple terms, both verbally & written.
- Demonstrated ability in the marketing research & sciences areas, to establish complex research studies.
- A commitment to teamwork, collaboration, & learning.
- An astute attention to detail & a results-oriented state-of-mind.
- The ability to be flexible & multi-task.