Director, Decision Sciences
Managing Director (NY) & functional line to Head of Decision Sciences
Code, part of Omnicom, exists to help clients invent a new future for their marketing through technology & data. Helping clients to build new capabilities to meet the challenges of an ever-changing marketing landscape, we do this by delivering customer centric, data driven, profitable experiences. Working at the intersection of marketing technology, data & user experience, our clients can use such services as: Transformation Consultancy, Marketing Science, Data Engineering, Customer Experience and Marketing technologies. We also develop & maintain our own Forrester recognized Marketing Technology solution, adZU, which is used by 10,000 businesses worldwide.
Our key clients include Best Western, Christies, Jaguar Land Rover, LOreal, Lilly, Mercedes-Benz, Medivet, Ralph Lauren, Samsung & Telstra. Code has a global presence with 300+ employees spanning ten cities, located in the UK, Europe, North America, & Australia. To learn more visit www.codeworldwide.com
At Code we believe everyone deserves a career journey thats tailored to suit their own personal needs. We are committed to ensuring all our colleagues have access to an environment that fosters a growth mind-set. Looking to use the most advanced marketing technology & data models we can be radical in our approach. We are a strong & diverse team of consultants, technologists, data scientists & customer success practitioners. What unites us is our shared purpose & desire to transform marketing.
Culturally, Code is an innovative, fast moving, exciting and occasionally a demanding place to work.
Code is on the cusp of something very exciting. As part of the Rapp Group, we have recently merged with a sister agency, Proximity, further cementing our place as a leading global agency. We have unrivalled expertise in combining Data Science, Technology & Creative to deliver exceptional results for our clients, & our Marketing Sciences team have grown almost two-fold in size over the past year. We are looking for a curious, ambitious & caring leader to join us on our journey.
The Marketing Sciences team you would enter is split into three departments; Experience Science, Decision Science & Data Science. Our Decision Science team combines data expertise with A deep understanding of our clients & their customers to make & facilitate the best marketing decisions. We are looking for someone who really understands how data science intersects with decision making, & how that applies to real client problems (from working out where their stores should be located, to helping to implement an algorithm that predicts the best price for each & every customer). Who can help our lead & grow our department of 15 talented individuals reach their potential. And who can help grow our external profile as an industry-leading team.
You will be responsible for running projects helping to answer complex strategic questions using data; for persuading our clients to follow the right data-driven strategy; for helping continue our growth trajectory through pitching for new business & growing & retaining existing clients; AND for helping to build out our core propositions & products.
- Plays a lead role in strategic thinking & decision making for our leading clients, & explain your rationale in a compelling, thought-provoking way
- Develop the writing of strategic & advanced analytics roadmaps, prioritising clients time & budget
- Crafts the creation of best-in-class statistically significant measurement & reporting to brief into your team to implement, & create a results-driven / test, learn & optimization culture for the client
- Staying abrest on industry trends & marketing technology ecosystems & be able to articulate those trends & systems to our client
- Productize the teams services into easy-to-understand & easy-to-buy products & credentials
- Codify best practices, package case studies, share methods & define new standards in collaboration
- Author POVs & other IP covering recent trends & developments in marketing science
- Demonstrate to others how to write compelling documents / presentations around analytics & strategy the art of storytelling
- Play a leading role in New Business pitches & in growing existing clients
- And crucially, continue to learn in terms of both breadth & depth
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree in a quantitative subject (Statistics, Mathematics, Economics) or Social Sciences
- 8+ years of related experience in statistical techniques such as predictive modeling & segmentation; ideally in a strategy consulting, marketing agency or management consulting practice.
- Strong management experience (and desire to manage & develop other peoples careers)
- Understand the art of possible in data science techniques
- Strong knowledge of experimental test design techniques
- Learning Agenda Development: Identification & management of KPIs aligned to strategic & tactical business objectives, insight generation & strategic recommendation
- Be able to contribute to a vision piece for how an organization can become data driven; from organizational change requirements, to technology enhancements, to the data science requirements, to how your data science roadmaps will be activated in customer experience & then the optimization of all of the above
- A confident, conscientious, a self-starter, has a good work ethic, a personable character & capable of building good working relationships with clients as well as other team members within RAPP CODE.
- Imaginative & has a practical approach to problem solving.
- But the key characteristic is curiosity.
WHAT WE WILL GIVE YOU
- We will help give you the career you are looking for. We will give you the experience, training & guidance you need to realise your career goals. We will set goals & support you along the journey.
- We will give you interesting problems to solve. Now more than ever we are faced with new problems to solve. We are fortunate that our clients our taking us on our journey with them.
- We will give you a culture youll want to work in. We pride ourselves on our supportive, ambitious & overall fun culture, which is a function of our brilliant Decision Sciences team.
SPEAKING UP ON RACISM AND DIVERSITY
At Code we take a strong stand against racism or any type of discrimination.Our mission has been, and always will be to create technology that empowers people to change the world for the better.
We are made stronger by the diversity of our people & their uniqueness at Code. This means encouraging development & rewarding the team for being themselves, whatever their personal circumstances. We are committed to creating an equal work environment that drives progress in inclusion & diversity. We expect you tohold the same position and that you will also aimto bring about positive change & racial justice.
LASTLY, BUT IMPORTANTLY
What we need from you: jump in, find problems. Fix them and build relationships. Imagine new solutions, invent them and manage them. Do whatever it takes to go above & beyond. And stand up for individuality.