Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience, & technology that enables customized outcomes for doctors, hospitals, insurers, & manufacturers. Our team makes the same promise to each other as the one weve made to our customers, doctors, & partners: everybody needs some looking after sometimes. Capsule has raised over $250 million from the best consumer internet & healthcare investors in the world.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes & winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are energized to accomplish ambitious goals & push themselves & those around them to be better. We work hard to teach & share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates needs & communicate early & often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast & right. We have tremendous ambitions & have a lot of fun pursuing them if that excites you, we would love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As a Pharmacy Intern, you will expand your pharmacy background & assist our Pharmacy Operations team with daily workflow responsibilities.
- Assist pharmacists on patient counseling & prescriber outreach as directed by a pharmacist in cases of contraindications, drug interactions, & resolution of third party rejections.
- Manage the transfers of new & existing prescriptions & use multiple computer systems to enter prescriptions, obtain pharmacy orders, compare to order received, & produce prescription labels.
- Work with pharmacists per work instructions, follow workflows & procedures, with knowledge of CA laws & regulations.
- Translate prescriptions filled out by the prescriber & enter information in the patients profile in accordance with state regulations.
- Master our internal systems: develop full operational knowledge & understanding of the pharmacy & manage internal & external pharmacy operations (including communications with physicians & insurers).
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates & you give & get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better & be successful.
- You work hard & want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins & remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast & right & don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision & accuracy & where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed & challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form & live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner & expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility & value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
- You must have a Pharmacy Intern License issued by the State of California.
- You must currently be enrolled in Pharmacy School at an accredited university.
- You have a minimum of 3+ months of experience as a pharmacy technician in a high volume or specialty setting.
- You're proficient with computers & Windows PC applications including the ability to navigate & learn new/complex computer system applications.
- You have strong attention to detail, outstanding communication skills, ability to excel in a team environment.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, & believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, national origin, religion, disability, & veteran status.