As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Vox Media is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to be based in New York, NY. The Senior Financial Analyst will be a critical part of our financial planning & analysis team, supporting the Vox Media Editorial networks by partnering with network leads & strengthening our reporting & insights. This position will report to the Senior Manager, FP&A.
What you'll do:
- Create, update, & maintain financial reporting for the Vox Media Editorial, eCommerce, & Consumer Revenue teams.
- Partner with Editorial teams to maintain monthly financial forecasts. Ensure all forecast updates are reflected accurately within the accounting & financial systems.
- Prepare analyses supporting strategic business plans & initiatives by utilizing & building detailed & dynamic financial models.
- Develop means to effectively measure, track, & report on KPIs for the business.
- Prepare financial components of executive level business reviews.
- Report monthly financial results against budgets & forecasts to Finance & Editorial, eCommerce, & Consumer Revenue businesses.
- Manage ad hoc financial analyses based on business demand.
- Assist with preparation of annual budget, monthly forecasts, & strategic planning models.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting, mathematics, engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in financial planning, consulting, or business operations preferred.
- Advanced MS Excel, PowerPoint & Word skills.
- Strong financial modeling skills.
- Superior communication skills, with a strong ability to communicate financial information & concepts to business partners outside of the Finance team.
- Acute attention to detail, accuracy, & diligent proofing skills.
- Ability to manage vast amounts of detailed information.
- Ability to work independently towards tangible deliverables.
- Self-starter with a can-do, collaborative, & problem-solving attitude.
- Strong relationship building & influencing skills.
- Desire to be part of a fast-growing, frequently evolving modern media company.
Bonus Points for:
- Media Industry Experience.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.