The spark of a meaningful interaction makes people braver. It encourages participation, action, & the willingness to try -- the stuff of progress. Through Meetup, people come together, they create new possibilities for each other. It begins simply, with a handshake & a hello, but its effects can be profound: Millions of lives changed.
At Meetup, we've made it our mission to empower personal growth through real human connections because we see a future built on deep trust & collective effort. We are creating a world where people can turn to each other to improve their lives.
We're looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to help us invent new ways of connecting people to the communities & activities they love. Our team has a clear understanding of the people who use Meetup & consistently delivers a holistic user experience with a keen understanding of marketplace dynamics. They work highly collaboratively with Engineers & Product Managers to deliver practical, simple & effective solutions to the most important product problems. If you're someone who is passionate about developing strategies based on insights from real people & can turn those insights into beautifully designed prototypes & products, both interactions & visuals, then this is the right role for you.
What your work looks like:
- Strategy + planning: Collaborate with PMs to articulate the long, medium & short term opportunities on their squad, facilitating exercises when needed
- UX Design: Creating prototypes & user flows to solve highly complex, multi-step UX flows cross platform & communicate their solutions effectively
- Transparent communication: Sharing work early & often & seeking out constructive feedback from their peers, their product team & stakeholders without being prompted
- Being impact focused: Beginning each project by aligning with PMs on which qualitative & quantitative measures are important for success. Crafting the right short term experiments to make sure theyre learning towards bigger goals
- UX Research: Actively broadcasting insights about their target customer across their team to build collective knowledge about our customers
- Recruiting + design culture: Reaching out to their own network to bring new candidates to the Design team. Participating in global design community.
Senior Product Designers will demonstrate:
- Experience solving problems in a marketplace or ecosystem with multiple users
- Mobile design experience
- 4+ years of experience in product design
- Proficiency in Sketch, prototyping tools, Design systems
To be successful in this role:
- Consistently considers the holistic user experience, including how the product will reach customers, & working with Product Marketing to distill the value proposition of new features/updates
- Ability to introduce new & extensible design patterns to our design system, & socialize them, on both web & apps
- Demonstrate ownership over multiple projects simultaneously on their squad
- Is comfortable giving & receiving constructive feedback following the Radical Candor philosophy
- Generates support for a squad decision & as the owner of a project, feels confident making a final decision on the project
- Requires very little oversight from manager/team leads & is able to unblock themselves
- Thoroughly explores product collisions & gaps in their squad's work & pushes team members to resolve conflicts
- Demonstrates strong understanding of layout, typography & visual hierarchy.
- Helps build a design culture at Meetup by taking opportunities to talk about Design internally (Meetupdate, product reviews, demos)
Meetup employees are bold, supportive, & passionate about enabling people to come together & create the future of real community, a future where people embrace their differences & similarities, show up, do things, & turn to each other to improve their lives. We care about moving fast, real-world change, & building diverse, dynamic teams in a safe & inclusive environment.