VP, Technical Strategy
Managing Director (NY) with functional line to Chief Strategy Officer (London)
Code, part of Omnicom, exists to help clients invent a new future for their marketing through technology & data. Helping clients to build new capabilities to meet the challenges of an ever-changing marketing landscape, we do this by delivering customer centric, data driven, profitable experiences. Working at the intersection of marketing technology, data & user experience, our clients can use such services as: Transformation Consultancy, Marketing Science, Data Engineering, Customer Experience & Marketing technologies. We also develop & maintain our own Forrester recognized Marketing Technology solution, adZU, which is used by 10,000 businesses worldwide.
Our key clients include Best Western, Christies, Jaguar Land Rover, LOreal, Lilly, Mercedes-Benz, Medivet, Ralph Lauren, Samsung & Telstra. Code has a global presence with 300+ employees spanning ten cities, located in the UK, Europe, North America, & Australia. To learn more visit www.codeworldwide.com
At Code we believe everyone deserves a career journey thats tailored to suit their own personal needs. We are committed to ensuring all our colleagues have access to an environment that fosters a growth mind-set. Looking to use the most advanced marketing technology & data models we can be radical in our approach. We are a strong & diverse team of consultants, technologists, data scientists & customer success practitioners. What unites us is our shared purpose & desire to transform marketing.
Culturally, Code is an innovative, fast moving, exciting and occasionally a demanding place to work.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the Technical Strategist is to provide strategic technology consultancy to clients on technologys role in aligning marketing, advertising within their business, how best to use our proprietary platforms adZU & Omni & how to integrate our & other 3rd systems within our clients enterprise architecture.
The specific responsibilities of the role include:
Converting business strategy to technology strategy
- Understand client, Codes & Omnicoms strategic aims
- Convert these strategic aims into a technology plan, leveraging existing capabilities, mapping out integrations & filling in the gaps
- Be able to document this strategy to be useful & accessible to both business & technology audiences
Technology Discovery & recommendations
- Audit & document a clients existing technology stack
- Compare this with a reference architecture & identify gaps
- Be able to recommend solutions & prioritize these in terms of business value
Be an expert across a wide range of marketing technologies & able to lead the strategy
- You will be expected to be the subject matter expert of marketing technology from 1st party data to digital media to marketing planning, workflow, marketing clouds, dynamic content, asset management, publishing & measurements
- You will be able to call on specialist resources to support but should be capable of leading the discussion with very senior client teams
- Knowledge of various leading marketing technology platforms & ecosystems
Be the expert on Codes technology capabilities
- You will be expected to have a very detailed knowledge of the capabilities of adZU, Omni plus the roadmap for each
- You will be expected to speak about this both at a high strategic level & a very detailed technical level
Create technology documentation & roadmaps
- Codes client engagements will often involve devising custom integrations & /or custom features for clients
- You will be expected to document the requirements to a level where they can be briefed to developing teams (following Codes methodology.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will be a proactive, dynamic & results-oriented executive who possesses the following:
- Technology & Digital Experience Likely to have been senior leader in either a digital agency or a marketing technology business. Must be able to demonstrate experience running technology projects/clients & be able to handle marketing technology questions. Must have experience working with software development teams & enterprise level projects & be comfortable being hands on with technology. Knowledge of Adobe Marketing Cloud, highly desirable
- Technology Team Leadership Experience At least 10 years running large-scale tech projects in either a digital agency or a marketing technology business. Significant experience in managing enterprise level solutions requiring complex integrations, ideally using distributed teams. Ideally will have experience working within Marketing/communications holding company
- Architecture & Business Analysis experience Able to evidence examples of developing client technology architectures, leveraging existing components & developing new. Able to evidence ability to document plans & requirements to a level where they are ready for development.
- Automotive Experience Highly desirable to have automotive experience
- Leadership Skills Strong team-oriented leadership skills honed through significant experience with senior corporate executives. Able to frame & confront issues & make tough solutions. Self-directed with strong initiative;
- Commercial Acumen Able to evidence examples of delivering commercial goals through technology
- MarTech experience Able to evidence examples of working hands on with a range of marketing technologies. Will be expected to answer technical questions at interview.
- Values & Vision Naturally aligned with our corporate values: Integrity, Diversity, Humility & Innovation
- Hands on delivery Code runs a flat, lean structure where all employees are expected to be hands-on in the delivery of the work. This applies equally to senior management;
- Communication Skills Strong presentation skills & the ability to communicate openly & effectively both internally & externally;
- Influencing Skills Ability to quickly establish rapport & value inside & outside the organization & become respected. Good selling skills to market ideas & influence indirectly. Team-oriented planner & decision-maker. Able to creatively drive consensus;
- Interpersonal Skills Able to establish & build close working relationships with executives throughout the company. Strong personal credibility & counseling skills. Accomplished in large group business & social settings;
- People & Organizational Development Ability to attract, evaluate, coach & advance talented people to build an effective organization. Values diversity in the workforce & has a proven track record in providing development opportunities for all people;
- Conceptual & Strategic Skills Able to integrate diverse information, apply flexible growth concepts & think strategically;
- Analytical Problem-Solving Skills Strong quantitative & business analysis skills. Ability to use mature business judgment in making solutions. Experience with process improvement approaches. Effective in making high quality solutions & taking action.
- Motivation A strong need to be part of a winning team & to significantly impact the future of technology for clients.
WHAT WE WILL GIVE YOU
- We will help give you the career you are looking for. We will give you the experience, training & guidance you need to realise your career goals. We will set goals & support you along the journey.
- We will give you interesting problems to solve.. We are fortunate that our clients our taking us on the journey with them.
- We will give you a culture youll want to work in. We pride ourselves on our supportive, ambitious & overall fun culture, which is a function of our collaborative NY-based team.
SPEAKING UP ON RACISM AND DIVERSITY
At Code we take a strong stand against racism or any type of discrimination.Our mission has been, and always will be to create technology that empowers people to change the world for the better.
We are made stronger by the diversity of our people & their uniqueness at Code. This means encouraging development & rewarding the team for being themselves, whatever their personal circumstances. We are committed to creating an equal work environment that drives progress in inclusion & diversity. We expect you tohold the same position and that you will also aimto bring about positive change & racial justice.
LASTLY, BUT IMPORTANTLY
What we need from you jump in, find problems. Fix them & build relationships. Imagine new solutions, invent them & manage them. Do whatever it takes to go above & beyond. And stand up for individuality.