About this Role
At Fandom, a Director of Corporate Development will be part of a high-impact, highly visible & active deal team that drives the corporate development lifecycle, in partnership with our executive leadership, key operational stakeholders & our private equity investor, TPG. You will report to the VP of Corporate Development & work closely with senior leaders cross-functionally & will manage all stages of the evaluation & acquisition processes.
The Corporate Development team is responsible for spearheading & executing against the M&A playbook, managing inbound deal flows & outbound deal sourcing, negotiating, structuring, executing impactful acquisitions, as well as informing the Companys strategy by identifying industry trends & maintaining relationships with startups, entrepreneurs, VCs, PE funds, bankers & strategics. By joining our team, you can help accelerate our efforts to capitalize on Fandoms high-growth, at-scale platform situated at the intersection of community, gaming & streaming.
This role works closely with business unit owners & executive leadership to define & execute our inorganic growth strategy across the globe, including acquisitions, large or complex investments & strategic partnerships. We expect this person to also participate heavily in post-deal integration work to ensure maximum return on investment. You will maintain a broad portfolio of relevant companies (adjacent businesses, tuck-ins) & consistently update this database with current market data & relevant insights. We are looking for an individual who is passionate, proactive, high energy, analytical & intuitive.
- Drive the corporate development lifecycle, including preliminary deal assessment & valuation, due diligence, closing processes, & post-deal integration.
- Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders across our Product & Tech, Marketing, Ad Sales, Business Ops, Legal, Finance & HR organizations to understand their goals & strategies & use this knowledge to find companies that are a potential strategic & operational fit.
- Develop insightful investment hypotheses based on current consumer & market trends to help inform M&A strategy & investment opportunities.
- Conduct business analyses, build financial models, create executive summaries, & synthesize investment opportunities to an internal deal committee.
- Create competitive analysis & industry insights for the senior executives.
- Brief executives on emerging market trends & investment themes that emerge from the many conversations & external touchpoints. Advocate for top-tier opportunities, including market-leading acquisitions
- Collaborate with the CEO, CFO, TPG & Board of Directors on corporate strategy & investment theses.
- Initiate, develop, & maintain relationships with potential acquisition or investment candidates & their management & advisors.
- 7-10+ years of corporate development, private equity, venture capital or investment banking experience
- Proven track record in executing deals
- MBA from a top-tier school preferred
- Experience working in or with gaming, entertainment, digital media or internet services industry is a plus
- Deep expertise in building dynamic financial & valuation models
- A fine balance between process-driven but relationship-oriented
- Ability to multi-task & operate under time pressure
- Experience navigating complex organizations with a matrix org structure
- Highly analytical, detail-oriented, & metrics-driven
- High integrity & a positive mindset
- Excellent & proactive communicator, both written & verbal
Bonus Points if You Have...
- Experience with gaming, digital media and/or consumer internet deal transactions
- Experience working with portfolio companies or style of investment
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Health, Vision, Dental, & Life Insurance
- 401k Plan (+matching)
- Flexible time off - flexible & generous
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Family Assistance Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs & Support
- Wellness Programs
- Loan-Assistance, money-management, pet insurance, & other discounts
- Phone, Gym, & commuter programs
- An international work environment with a startup culture
- Open, energetic & fan-focused, international work environment
- Miscellaneous perks such as, swag, etc.
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Our Fandom values are:
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & its grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, & deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, & the work we do.
Learn More about Fandom
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Fandom, one of our core values is We Serve a Global Community. Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & it's grounded by our active efforts of inclusion. As such, we're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, & we do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We invite you to complete the optional section below. This information will help Fandom with our reporting requirements & help us learn more about how we can increase diversity in our candidate pool. Completion of this section is entirely voluntary & has no impact on your opportunity for employment.
New York Fair Chance Act