Common is the nations leading residential brand & operating platform that designs, leases, & manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design & tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, & traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, & for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, & so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, & embrace a whatever it takes mentality to ensure our work is done & done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology & real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the worlds rental housing crisis.
Its an exciting time to be part of Commons team. With over 17,500 units signed & under development & over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding its reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, & learn about what its like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, & Twitter. To see more open roles & hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is growing rapidly across the country. We are looking for a personable & self-motivated critical thinker to join our team as our members' main point of contact for questions related to their life at Common. If you join our team, youll play an invaluable role in setting the tone of every members' experience in Common. This is an entry-level position with strong career development & the opportunity for growth within the organization.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all inbound member inquiries, responding to all member inquiries in a timely manner via email & phone
- Draw on the broad knowledge of our homes & services to address member issues, often working closely with the Property Services, Legal, & Finance teams to resolve issues & relay important information to members
- Manage communications around member onboarding & offboarding
- Play a critical role in completing the feedback loop between members & the Design, Construction, & Development teams
- Support the Real Estate & Sales teams in coordinating home tours for prospective partners
- Bachelor's degree
- Prior experience working in customer service, hospitality, client relations or account management self-motivated & comfortable working both independently & as part of a team
- Able to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment
- Extreme level of empathy & ability to connect with people from all walks of life
- Ability to balance a passion for making people happy while setting expectations that will scale
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
- Impeccable organization, attention to detail, & ability to handle high volume & manage your own time
- Comfortable using Google suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Sites)
- Experience with Salesforce Service Cloud is a plus!
- Able to think critically about how our team can continually improve the member experience
- Rotating evenings, weekends & holidays are expected
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees & wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy & professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable & valuable health & wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation & sick time
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, & ordinances.