TrialSpark is a technology company that brings new medical treatments to patients faster by reimagining the clinical trial process.
Today, a clinical trial can cost more than $100M & take 10 years to complete, bottlenecking the development of new treatments for patients. Were fundamentally changing how trials are run, rethinking the trial process both from a technology & operational perspective. To achieve this, were bringing together talent from top technology, service, & healthcare companies to work side by side.
Talent is critical to TrialSparks mission & success. Improving clinical research is one of the most impactful problems to be working on, & it requires the best & the brightest. Were a team of mission-oriented, ambitious, yet humble individuals working in a dynamic space & growing fast.
As TrialSparks second lawyer, you will focus primarily on commercial contracts but should expect to work on any number of legal matters with stakeholders across the company. Responsibilities include, without limitation & subject to revision at TrialSparks sole discretion at any time & for any reason or no reason (thats a joke (but we do mix things up like all the time)):
- Draft, negotiate, & otherwise drive contracts with vendors, clinical organizations, pharmaceutical entities, & strategic partners
- Distill complex legal concepts for legal & non-legal colleagues
- Resolve contractual complications
- Exercise pragmatic, risk-based, & adaptable judgment to prioritize work & obligations
- Judiciously outsource to external attorneys & supervise their work product
- Manage contract database & contracting resources, as needed
- A law degree from a top-tier law school & qualified to practice law in-house in New York
- 3-5 years experience in relevant areas of the law, at a law firm and/or in house at a startup
- You are a high growth learner whos scrappy, flexible, & self-motivated
- General technical aptitude to represent company requirements/interests
- Service-orientation but able to advocate for & drive issues independently
- A team player who works well with non-legal stakeholders
- Strong conceptual & critical thinking skills
- Eye for organization but also efficiency
- Great sense of humor
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.