With thousands of beautiful spaces built for travel & life, Sonder is transforming the future of hospitality. Each Sonder is purposefully selected, designed & maintained - customized to reflect the vibe of its neighborhood. Whether your stay is two days, two months or two years, in a studio or a six-bedroom, Sonder ensures a unique, yet consistent, experience. And with 24/7 on-demand service, crisp linens, & over 200 other quality standards, were taking stay further for guests all around the world.
Sonder started a little over five years ago, & now has thousands of spaces in major cities across the globe.
As the Associate Director of Sales for Sonder in Phoenix, you are responsible for driving revenue growth & occupancy by building relationships with corporate & group clients. You are an adept salesperson, with the maturity to engage in business-level conversations at multiple levels of an organization, including executives & other key stakeholders. You take the initiative & are capable of leading a sales cycle from start to finish, completely independently. You prioritize relentlessly & are constantly evaluating trade-offs.
As the first Director of Sales for Sonder Phoenix, you will report directly to the General Manager (GM) of Phoenix & have the opportunity to build the sales engine for the market. A successful Sales Manager will identify high-value local targets that will drive both market-specific & national occupancy & revenue growth for Sonder.
At Sonder You Will:
- Own the complete sales cycle from lead generation to close
- Build & own a sales pipeline of SMBs (~70%) & Enterprise clients (~30%)
- Develop outbound strategies to identify & nurture opportunities
What We Look For:
- 8-10 years experience in sales & sales management, with a track record of stellar performance, preferably at a fast-growing company & an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to identify & distinguish high-value short-term & long-term targets & prioritize relentlessly between these opportunities
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to deliver a compelling narrative with maturity & poise
- Superior verbal & written communication skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment & are comfortable & flexible in the face of ambiguity
- Can grow the sales function over time & contribute towards the development of processes
- Responsible for working with Revenue Management & Customer Service teams for pricing & fulfillment
- Hotel sales & revenue experience preferred
- Experience building & leading a sales team preferred
- Strong understanding of business travel & corporate travel management preferred
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Annual free credits & discounts to stay in Sonders
- Free lunches, snacks, & monthly events sponsored by Sonder
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.