Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the way the world shops online. We have built a platform that allow e-commerce merchants to integrate Buy Now, Pay Later financing products throughout the customers shopping journey. Bread was founded in 2014 by financial technology veterans, & has experienced explosive growth to date. Recently acquired by Alliance Data Systems, Bread provides candidates the highly unique experience of being part of a rapidly growing fintech with the DNA & culture of a startup, while also having the considerable resources of a highly scaled, leading financial institution. This powerful combination will enable Bread to accelerate its growth to become an even greater force in the marketplace as well as provide candidates a completely unique experience.
The Merchant Success Strategist in an integral part of our Success team at our high-growth startup. You will be responsible for tending to the day-to-day needs of our merchant partners & for building out & executing merchant trainings & business reviews. You will set the overall tone of your merchant relationships while being will be responsible for assigning accurate views of the health of your customers & forecasting retention & expansion opportunities within your book of business. The ideal candidate will be also able to speak confidently about the digital marketing & e-commerce space alongside broader themes that can be applied to marketing strategy. Internally, communication with various internal partners while acting as a client advocate to ensure offering optimization. On the merchant side, you will work with leaders at all levels including the C-suite, to design & implement digital marketing strategies to help merchants derive the most value from the tools Bread offers.
Your Role at Bread
- Own merchant relationships to create a mutually beneficial partnership, constantly seeking expansion/growth/upsell opportunities for the client & ensuring the client understands the value Bread brings to their business
- Train merchants on how to use the Bread tool & market our financing product to their customers
- Ensure merchant compliance & drive relevant product adoption to generate high retention rates
- Help merchants create & deploy effective marketing initiatives around financing using a data-driven approach
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Product, & Engineering to ensure that merchant wins, losses, & suggestions are recorded & iterated on
- Demonstrate thought leadership in digital marketing
- Digital Marketing, eCommerce or software/SaaS experience - this is a must
- 5+ years of customer facing work experience, ideally specifically with experience working with Fortune 500 enterprise clients
- Exemplary written & verbal (face to face & phone/screenshare) communication skills
- Track record of delivering high-quality outputs consistently under pressure. You thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- BA / BS degree from an accredited university
- The ability to travel on occasion when relevant, appropriate & safe - expect that somewhere around 25% of your time will be traveling domestically
Nice to Have:
- Experience using Excel or other Business Intelligence reporting tools like Looker, Tableau or Domo to conduct data analysis - you have performed business analyses with e-commerce data, & have presented your results as a catalyst for business change/strategic decisions
- Passion about working with clients to help drive meaningful business results
- Enthusiastic about problem solving & taking on a challenge - you are motivated to think creatively & execute in new areas
Additional Job Description
- This job description is illustrative of the types of duties typically performed by this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of each & every essential function of the job. Because job content may change from time to time, the Company reserves the right to add and/or delete essential functions from this job at any time.