As Manager, Documentation youre responsible for all customer-facing documentation, including product guides for platform users & technical references for developers. This position works closely with other Smartling teams like Product, Engineering, & Customer Success to ensure users are well educated about our platforms capabilities & their value proposition in real-world applications.
Tasks at Hand
- Creating content that users can follow to understand & complete common tasks in the platform.
- Maintaining developer documentation, such as API references, data processing directions, & coding standards.
- Identifying product best practices & creating documentation that helps customers to make optimal decision to achieve their requirements.
- Producing training, learning, & in-product communications that help customers to understand how the product is changing.
- Analyzing documentation usage, support data, & user feedback to continuously improve documentation.
Your typical day might include
- Participating in Product & Technology team stand-ups.
- Creating & updating documentationwe ship code every day!
- Speaking with team members & users to understand where customers need help.
- Analyzing documentation usage & support data to inform documentation roadmap.
- Providing input to the Product team based on feedback from users.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Aptitude for organizing information & clearly describing complex business workflow, data management, & Internet networking concepts.
- Special interest in web technologies, RESTful API services, & coding -- & teaching others about these topics.
- Ability to create prototype implementations (including lightweight API integrations) to test documentation accuracy & effectiveness.
- Ability to work well independently & in a collaborative, team environment.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with the Product, Engineering, & Customer Success teams.
- Experience managing their own documentation projects.
- Working knowledge of Zendesk, Swagger, Markdown, & Github or other code repository.
- 3+ years experience as a technical writer, preferably documenting cloud-based software products.
Nice to Have
- Know the SaaS business model & have experience documenting SaaS solutions for midmarket & enterprise business customers.
- Understand modern content technology applications, & modern software development processes like continuous delivery.
- Be knowledgeable about translation, localization, & internationalization processes and/or be fluent in other languages.
- Curious. Enjoys learning new technologies & data analysis techniques.
- A Leader. Proactive, compelling, with excellent business & technical judgment.
- Customer Focused. Passionate about client success at all times.
- Process Oriented. Well-organized, demonstrating attention to detail.
- Team player. Ability to work effectively & cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally & externally.
What matters to Smartling?
To help our clients grow their businesses & to help you grow as an individual, both professionally & personally.
- Competitive salary & employee stock option plan.
- An opportunity to learn & advance your career.
- An energetic, value-driven, & fun culture & team spirit.
- Flexible PTO.
- Company paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance.
- Commuter benefits.
- Amazing office located in the middle of Manhattan- just blocks from Penn Station & Grand Central.
- Team outings (Baseball games, bowling, happy hours, etc.).
Smartling is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.