Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Head of Insurance Capital & Risk Management to join our Commercial Finance team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
We brought together leaders from top technology, service, healthcare, & insurance companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
We are looking for a senior leader who will be responsible for managing statutory solvency & risk management for all of our insurance companies. As the Head of Insurance Capital & Risk Management, you understand Oscars business goals, the health insurance industry, the nation-wide regulatory landscape, & the importance & best-practice of solvency & risk management. In this role, you will report into the SVP of Commercial Finance.
- Lead & drive the build of statutory capital management frameworks to support insurance business growth needs, business plan & capital efficiency
- Lead the robust build of the statutory capital forecasting & scenario analysis capability
- Monitor current & forecasted capital levels, with key assumptions & inputs fully aligned with statutory accounting, FP&A, strategic finance & actuarial
- Conduct statutory capital analyses to identify opportunities of improving insurance company capital efficiency
- Build & enhance enterprise risk management framework & infrastructure 1.0
- Foster an effective level of ERM to support business, risk & capital decisions
- Lead the annual own risk & solvency assessment to identify, assess, monitor, manage, & report material & relevant risks
- Lead the preparation & filing of annual ORSA reports
- Continue to develop ERM capabilities to enhance oversight of risk & capital management activities & reflect those in subsequent ORSA
- Lead the robust capacity building of capital & risk management
- Lead statutory capital forecasting, prospective solvency assessment under base & stress, supporting business needs & external stakeholders requirements
- Work closely with data, actuarial, & finance functions to build & enhance risk assessment & monitoring, quantitative analytics, & aggregation capabilities for material risks
- Lead the firm initiatives related to statutory solvency, ERM, & ORSA requirements
- Working closely with regulatory affairs & cross-functional teams, to produce & review statutory surplus & capital assessments, ERM reports, & ORSA annual reports
- Communicate & review with business, executives, board of directors, & key state regulators, assuring optimal production (timing & quality) & consistency of information reported to all internal & external stakeholders
- 10+ years of professional experience in the insurance industry, & a strong leadership & state regulator-facing background within the insurance industries
- Has built & managed capital management and/or risk management teams in a fast-moving, complicated environment
- Demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguity to drive to outcomes, work with large datasets & distill analyses into actionable business insights with seasoned judgment & experience
- Practical experience in statutory insurance capital management & risk management; broad knowledge of different capital & risk management regimes strongly preferred
- Experience working with NAIC, statutory regulators, US ORSA or stress testing, a strong plus
- Collaborative attitude to work in highly cross-functional organizations
- Executive presence & ability to communicate with, influence, & manage stakeholders, including C-level executives
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all, & apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.