The Customs Program Management team supports our Brokerage operations by identifying opportunities, creating creative solutions, & driving key initiatives to help our business scale & expand globally. A day in the life of a Customs Program - Lead can include working on a long term project, spinning up ad-hoc data analysis, training Brokers on a new process, & researching the latest Customs legislative change. You should be prepared to plan your day in advance & be ready to quickly pivot as real time regulation changes happen. The role is highly cross collaborative & you can anticipate working with multiple teams on any given week including Data Analytics, Operational Excellence, Data Services, Technology, Supply Chain Operations & even Client Solutions. A person applying to this role should enjoy a little chaos & also have the ability to focus in & drive clarity through uncertainty.
- Own the scoping & rollout of key initiatives
- Defining goals, stakeholders, delegating tasks, managing timelines & coordinating check-in meetings through completion of the project.
- Responsible for influencing leaders on the best decision
- Identifying & tracking cross-functional dependencies, proposing options to mitigate risk & drive issues to resolution
- Develop solutions to unlock blockers holding projects back from being successful
- Coordinating the development of error proof SOPs (ensuring efficient & scalable processes)
- Defining metrics & tracking success of rollouts
- Creating communications that help make sure the right messages are sent, received, & understood by the right people
You should have:
- 3+ years experience including work in Customs brokerage or general freight operations
- Proven ability to influence leadership
- Strong project management skills, managing the following effectively: project timelines, deliverables, budget, status updates amongst partners & key stakeholders & team accountability
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization & planning skills & attention to detail in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Work in program or project management is preferred
- Experience in driving process cross-functional improvement projects from idea to implementation & adoption
- Superior communication skills: ability to communicate & present at different organizational levels & work cross-functionally
- Superb analytical, modeling & reporting skills - experience building out dynamic models, creating reports (Looker, Tableau)
- Skills: data analysis, presentation, excellent communication
Employee Applicant Requirements:
- Employees need to be in their current role for at least 12 months & in good performance standing before they can be considered for a new role.
- Communication about open internal roles will be shared with all employees through the internal communication lead at Flexport & coordinated by the recruiting team. Communication via email will go out company-wide twice per month, & will be included in the company newsletter once per month.
Transition periods for employees into their new roles should be no longer than 30 days (unless taking place during Peak Season or in critical cases). We want to make sure that employees can join their new teams in a timely manner so that their experience in their new role is just as positive as it was in their first role with Flexport. This timeframe will allow proper transition plans to be put into place & address any geographic moves.